Lobbies more bugged than ever - part II

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 51737
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

As a following of my post ( Lobbies more bugged than ever - I can't play the game ) I am adding this issue that I never saw before.

In the lobby lists, there are “dead” lobbies which appear, only having 1/8 players but actually having more inside if you check the room on the right.

I feel it is useful to mention this since, even though the dead lobbies aren’t a new thing, we’ve been asking for a fix for months now, I never saw this type of bugged lobbies before where it always shows 1/8 players with more players inside.

Of course, when you try to join, you get an error.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to the lobbies list
  2. Try to join a 1/8 lobby with more people inside
  3. Enjoy the error

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Lobbies which show up in the list are supposed to be functional. Please fix the lobbies before making a new patch that adds ducks on Arabia. Thank you for your attention.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*Outside of a game

10 Likes

Finally, 9 playerlobbies are part of this game 11

Edit:
Just wanna point out: the Aztec symbol of second player migth be bugged as well. Seen this often and never ever anyone in the lobby actually has Aztecs as their civ. Not a big problem, I get that, but it should have been fixed long ago, considering the publisher is not an indie game dev on himself…

2 Likes

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 51737

The lobbies do not appear in the research list, I refresh and refresh in vain, I can’t find anything.

I can’t host either, I see the “timed out” error, which I never saw before, eversince DE came out, but now I see it everytime I’m trying to make a game.

And on top of that, when I miraculously manage to get a full lobby, the game won’t start, it’s forever stuck in “5… 4… 3… 2… 1… waiting to start the game”. Or it can also be stuck in the loading screen… Or it takes forever to load and somebody crashed in the meantime.

FIX THE LOBBIES PLEASE ! This is a little more important than removing the ponds on Arabia.

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

1. Go to multiplayer lobbies
  2. Try to find a lobby to join that isn’t bugged
  3. Or try to create a lobby

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The lobbies list would appear normally, without the need to refresh 5 times, with only real functioning lobbies, and I would be able to rapidly create a lobby without any problem, and the game would start after the countdown, wouldn’t be stuck in the loading screen, and wouldn’t crash.

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*No record as this is outside of a game.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been getting more Polling errors and sometimes the game gets stuck in the loading screen for multiplayer.

All of this was over the course of 36 hours these are the screenshots that I captured, and at least 6 out of 10 games I load into has these things happen. When it gets stuck in the loading screen I’m forced to alt-f4 which contributes to the alt-f4 problem and if the devs add a penalty for that it would spell disaster especially when it’s not the persons fault, for abysmal connection.

1 Like

Funny thing as well: often it shows something like 3/8 players in lobby, if you click it you can see the names of the ppl inside the lobby, and there you see 8 or 7 people in, while number still shows 3 11
Havent noticed that before

Yeah I noticed that… but what am I gonna do ? I don’t see myself making 100 posts about every bug of the lobbies and the units pathing.

2 Likes

I’m confused how updating this game messes up with the lobby browser? Are there adjustments being made to the lobby browser in the patch updates? Cause lobby browser even more broken than before. Now it keeps saying there are no games matching my parameters… Forever.

Normally after a few minutes it’ll fix itself, but just tried waiting like 10 mins and nothing.

How is this only affecting some people too? Bugged lobby system obv discriminatory.

• GAME BUILD #: ######

I make real world maps, in both luducruis and giant size, recently, i’ve tried to host maps in giant size, and once the lobby fills and i press the start option, it takes around 2 or 3 minutes for the game to load in, then sometimes after it finally loads in, 2 or 3 people desync for no reason, this has been happening for months, but has popped up constantly now (In all of the lobbies i make)

1. Load one of my maps into a lobby
  2. Wait for people to join (8 people)
    3.press start button after lobby fills

the game would have started way earlier and people wouldn’t desync

aoe2 problem - Google Drive
here are some of the desync files of the people who got desynced (I ALSO PUT ONE OF MY MAPS CALLED CHINA DIPLOMACY, TEST IT ON THAT MAP)

• **GAME BUILD/Version 101.101.51737.0 7126076

:point_down: After every game my elo rank doesn’t move up or down and whenever that happens and I try to play the next game I get stuck in a timer that will never end and when I leave the lobby then go back in the previous timer is still going. The only way to fix this problem is to quit my game then go back on. I have to this for every game I play both ranked and quick match.

1. Enter game
  2. win/lose
    3.get stuck in a never ending lobby timer that will never go away unless I quit game
    ( I wish I had better details)

Elo rating should go up/down after every game and I shouldn’t have to close my game and reopen it after every match.

:arrow_forward: Recording of the issue from my phone

• **GAME BUILD #: AOE2 DE 51737

Unable to join lobby from Multi player Ranked. I created a Party and invited a friend. After the friend joined the lobby, I clicked Find Match.

*** 100% of games today on 14th August 2021 after 10 PM Singapore Time

1. Just open the game, go to ranked and invite party. Start game.
  2. As party leader, join match is stuck at 0:00:00
  3. We decide to quit to main menu, and try to recreate lobby.
  4. Now the game shows timer working for the earlier lobby, but the other players of the party have suddenly dropped.
2 Likes

Thanks for the report, we are currently looking into this issue

3 Likes

• GAME BUILD #: Version 101.101.51737.0 7126076
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Unable to create lobby. Error message “Could not create game. Timed out. Source: AdvertisementJoinEvent Error Code: 0x00000003”

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS) (3 out of 3 attempts)

1. Start Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition
  2. Click multiplayer
  3. Click host game
  4. Click create lobby

A lobby is created.

wtffffffff

8 Likes

Same problem here, i I cannot create a game and the games of other players do not appear either

1 Like

I have the same problem :cry:

be awesome if devs tested these updates before releasing them been years and they still haven’t produced a non bugged update

2 Likes

yup have that problem to as well yesterday and today. Plus a couple of days ago I couldn’t play 2 games in a row both ranked and unranked because, I would be stuck in a permanent timer that doesn’t stop even if I leave the lobby unless, I shut my game of then start the game again. I made my own post about it with a video, just scroll down through the bug reports till you see my face.

1 Like

same problem since yesterday afternoon (GMT)

1 Like

I have the same problem. Have been trying to join a game with 2 other friends for almost 1 hour. No success so far.

1 Like

same here,man. feels bad

lobbies are hella bugged right now, tons of connectivity problems, people able to join private games, etc.

4 Likes