Lobbies more bugged than ever - part II

Failed to match 10k times. Every action takes min 5 minutes

3 Likes

Since the last update the game is pure bugs, it wonā€™t let me create games, a sign pops up that says ā€œtime is upā€ and when I can create them (lately very few) and start the game, the lobby takes about 3 to 5 minutes In starting the game and as soon as it starts it kicks most of the players. I thought it was some internet problem of mine but no, before the last patch I was perfect without errors.

1 Like

IM the same thanks devs atleast you are consistent in breaking the game after every update then takes 3 more to correct that only to break it again

2 Likes

Same problem here. Canā€™t play.

1 Like

Unable to join a 2v2 ranked game. Says I failed to join, and to my team member is says I left the party.

Tried an unranked 1v1 but it wonā€™t allow me to create the lobby, Error shows as 'Advertisementjoinā€¦(something)ā€¦ 0x00000003

bumpity bump bump. same problem for me

1 Like

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Multiplayer
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

It has been several days since I updated the game and since then I have had problems finding and playing multiplayer games in the lobby. The problem begins when you want to search for games, where after a while there are none available, not even when updating the lobby. On the other hand, when I find a game and select one many times it marks me as an error or that they are already full, when they are not full. I have read several posts about this and I see that it is not a new problem.

Another point to consider is when you finally find a game and can access it, when starting it, the waiting time in the lobby is too long. I donā€™t think itā€™s my internet connection because itā€™s really good, plus the other players experience the same thing and this causes many players to leave the waiting room and when the game starts, they are no longer there.

It is important that you solve this problem, because I have read many negative comments that can affect the experience in the game of many users and that can affect them to leave the game and that would be very sad.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselvesā€¦ Be descriptive!

Hereā€™s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Go to the multiplayer lobby and wait for the playlist to appear. If they donā€™t appear, update the lobby and wait again.
  2. For the problem of waiting time before starting a game, just create a multiplayer game in the lobby and wait for the game to start.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

All players hope that the lobby works correctly and efficiently, so that no one loses the good experience of playing Age of Empires 2 and the magic does not disappear in our hearts.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.
I can not upload attachments because i am new user.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

*This issue isnā€™t encountered during matches.

2 Likes

The game needs a hotfix. Everybidy has this problem

2 Likes

This is not limited to lobbies. There are also loads of issues crating quickplay and ranked groups to play with friends.

Iā€™m very fed up whith the out-of-game UI it gets worse instead of better every update.

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build: 101.101.51737.0 0
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: SavvyEmpire

Issue:

Canā€™t create a lobby. Started happen with the latest release.

Reproduction Steps:

Hereā€™s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Go to Multiplayer ā†’ Host Game
  2. Enter a lobby name. Leave everything else as default.
  3. Click the Create Lobby button
  4. The ā€œCreating Lobbyā€ screen will load indefinitely

ATTACHMENTS:

All good, just wanted to point out another lobby related bug (which now got merged into here as well, while being a different oneā€¦).
Well a small advice: never overdo the reports here. Do not spend time reproducing it, have seen so many reports where ppl spent hours to find out how exactly it can be reproduced and and what may cause it to just get a ā€œwe already track this issue, we just ignore your report because we already know the problemā€ message. Small description + screenshot and thats it, every bit you do on top of that is just wasted at this stage

Further to my post above, my issue is EXACTLY THIS. Was too annoyed to think of taking a screenshot at the time and only found this online after Iā€™d given up on the game.

Could not Create game. Timed Out.
Source:AdvertisementJoinEvent
Error Code: 0x00000003

This is not a solution

2 Likes

It is as much solution as we will get thou 11

1 Like

Idk if anyone already mentioned this already but steam invites seem to be broken too - when I get invited and accept nothing happens. Same when I click on ā€˜join gameā€™ through steam.
Also ingame invites are kinda broken as the suggested friends show people as online who arenā€™t and the list is not ordered in any practical way.

1 Like

Similar issue ā€“ itā€™s bugged after the game has been up for a while (most commonly after I play a game).

In particular, the bug is, if I get invited, whether in game or steam, the lobby does not show up and it never joins. If I go to lobby browser, it says ā€œNo games matching those parameters found.ā€ One time it gave a ā€œdisconnected from game serverā€ message. I am in California with a ping of 37 to westus2 and 83 to eastus.

I found itā€™s often (70% of the time) resolved after I exit and restart the game ā€“ Iā€™m able to join lobbies again (but it still takes about a minute to join a lobby). But this is shortlived. If my game is idle too long (15-25 mins, which is how long it takes to find a game these days), it becomes unable to join lobbies again.

bump, same issue here :frowning:

Same problem with both the lobby browser and the steam invite bugs

Is there any fix on the way? Do we know why itā€™s happening, or any settings to be changed to get around it?