Local lan server

Hi everybody,

Can anyone tell me why i cannot create a local LAN Server ???
I have 2 machines, on first i can select Local LAN and it work, but on second, this option is not available in the server list.

Thanks for your answer

I believe the same question was asked here: setup-of-pcs-on-lan-game-only-aoe-2-de

TLDR:

1. Make certain that the two machines are on the same local network (you are both connected to the same router either via wifi or ethernet cable).

2. Change the firewall settings (on both machines) and allow incoming communication on these ports:
    Try just opening these ports first:
    TCP Port 8888 , Port 3478 (UDP & TCP), Port 5222 (UDP & TCP)
    and if they don’t work, then do all the below:

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - PC

• TCP: 3074,3478,5222
  • UDP: 88,500,3074,3478,3544,4500,5222

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Steam

• TCP: 3074,3478,5222,27015-27030,27036-27037
  • UDP: 88,500,3074,3478,3544,4380,4500,5222,27000-27031,27036
  1. For some reason, it also appears for some people that both machines have to have a working internet connection in order to play LAN (can’t confirm or deny this)?

Before you do all the complicated stuff like messing with your firewall, go into game settings and make sure you’ve allowed cross-play. I had a three-computer LAN set up and I could join their lobbies but they couldn’t join mine. I randomly noticed I hadn’t allowed cross-play and so I changed it, restarted the game, and everything works just fine.

1 Like

Hi, NoclearMoose64, thanks for your answer,
but here the Problem is that i cannot choose Local LAN server when creating a muliplayer Game, because it does not appears in the server list (ukwest, westindia … but no Local LAN).
If i create a multiplayer Game Local LAN from the other local computer, i can join game without problem.
Any Idee ?

Hi SlyfoxLegend,

Firewall is deactivated on both computer, and when creating multiplayer LAN from other computer, i can join the game without problem … Here the problem is that the option “LAN” does not appears in the server list, so i cannot create a LAN multiplayer game.
Note, playing AOE3 in local LAN work without problem

Well if the option to host local lan is gone, then it is one of the 3 things:

1. You need to update your version of the game to the latest
  2. You need to enable cross-play
  3. It’s a bug that needs to be reported here

We didn’t select a Lan - one of us created a lobby and invited the other two to a private game.