Lost campaign progress

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 474820
  • GAME PLATFORM: Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
I lost progress for completing 3 missions (that I’m currently aware of):
-Historical Battle Lake Poyang (I just loaded a previous save that I luckily had).
-Joan of Arc Mission 2 and 3 for now.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Update the game.
  2. Enter Single player > Campaigns.
  3. No progress from the past few days.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Having the progress of complething those missions in previous days.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

Hi there!
Were there missions that you completed that were not lost, or was everything erased?

Where is the progress stored? near the folder hotkeys?

I don’t know, I don’t understand…

Only the 3 most recent missions I had completed, I did them like less than a week before the new patch.

That’s more worrisome to me because that means one day I can play and do 10 missions and the next day I could have all that progress erased.

How can I guarantee that won’t happen again.

Any advice or solutions to avoid this in the future?

Have been threads on this issue before. Here’s one:

A couple posts talking about a solution are proposed at end of that thread, if willing to try those. I’d be hesitant, considering it involves deleting files. But maybe it works. Maybe backup your files before trying, if you can.

I don’t think it’s a similar problem, I did read that post but there are major differences.

1. They lost 100% of their progress, I ony lost the most recent progress (like less than a week before the patch).

2. They mention something about the game creating a new Profile folder. In my case there’s only one profile folder, the same old one, but without the most recent progress.

I’m just worried I might randomly lose recent progress again in the future.

1 Like

I had exactly the same issue as you. The problem was that the steam-cloud was preventing my new progress getting uploaded, so I was being kicked back a few weeks to the last time it had managed to upload.

Still, this is definitely a bug that will hopefully be fixed at some point: there’s no way a few save games should fill the Steam Cloud and then error without notice.

Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like