Lost connection bug starting these two weeks

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.40220.0 5438859
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: WoodyCord16672

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Describe the problem in detail below. Please limit to one issue per thread.

Multiplayer game in 5 minutes (there is even a game that last only 47 seconds) I get:
“Lost connection to server” showing on the left top message panel.
My connection is perfectly fine because my voice call with my friends is still active.
I have already encounter this bug for 3 times in 5 games.
This bug is unplayable.
My friend and I have been losing ELO without playing due to my disconnection.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

List the steps to reproduce the issue... Be descriptive!
  1. open game
  2. join multiplayer game
  3. playe few seconds

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jsh16pN4DELMkOP5AZT52GSOyA7MUs2l/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17tT84GMWBUaBmZG4csG9r6MtyWrVbLAq/view?usp=sharing

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).
1 Like

It happened to me myself twice in TGs and is a constant to other players in almost all TGs I’ve played since the last update. I think even in a 1v1 game it happened, because my opponent was clearly winning, but suddenly “resigned”.

Actually, it was thrice, not twice

the lose sync and game crashing is becoming more and more of a problem. it use to never happen now happens like every 2-3 games someone will drop, even against AI. and game closes more often as well randomly to desktop, definitely need to be looked at.

There have been many bug reports about the disconnect issues lately, most notably:

There is also a response from one of the devs which some steps you can take to help identify the cause of the problem.

I haven’t been playing AOEII:DE ever since that new hotfix came out in July because ( actually quit in the first week of August. Was sick and tired of allies/enemies d/c’ing the first ten minutes of the game) it has been d/c’ing players constantly. Devs need to fix this quick because people are turning the game down like me.

2 Likes

I like many of you have had the disconnection issues since May. It was frustrating to say the least. Recently I have changed my DNS ip (server?) to a custom one my friend suggested to me and it has worked in fixing this issue I’d say 95%. I no longer get disconnects on 200 ping servers, but it sometimes happens when I play a custom map like CBA (maybe the huge lags and bad internet connection?) I suggest you guys try changing it and seeing your own results.

I can’t remember off the top of my head what mine is changed to, I’ll update again later.

Me too. It keeps happening since one month at least…sometimes i reconnect losing 30 sec or even 1 minute of game (a whole lot of time), sometimes i can’t reconnect.

1 Like

happened to me too as of late. Conveniently has been happening when I’m winning lol…11 guess ill stop playing ranked.