Lumberjacks idling

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: ANNIVERSARY UPDATE
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Lumberjacks randomly idling when they finish trees

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play any single or multiplayer game and observe villagers in the woodline getting idle when finishing trees

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question:
I uploaded this video to report the issue:

1 Like

Did you Shift right-click a tree to add it to the villager’s action list? In that case, I have also seen this happening with other resources, like berries. Villagers then don’t go automatically to the next resource when they completed the selected / queued resource.

1 Like

Hi Kinquest. It is possible that I assigned the villagers to the trees with shift once they finalise the sheep. But I’m not sure. Yes. they get idle in other resources as well.

Hi everyone. I just confirmed what was the issue here. This can happen with lumberjacks or any guycollecting. My habit is to queuing the actions using shift. In this case, I queued villagers eating one sheep after another. However, once I have collected enough food for passing, then I would garrison some of these villagers on sheep into the tc and send them to the point on a tree. What happened is that those villagers had queued the action of going to another sheep, so once they finished the tree, they wanted to take the next sheep but so far was gone, so they get idle. I’m solving it by after sending them to a tree just select them and right click the tree, so this cancel the previous queued actions. I think that to prevent this issue, if the queued action is no longer available they should keep doing what they are doing.