Make Meso Cavalry a bit more useful please

Yeah that’s what i thought
iirc originally they we’re a campaign unit only.
In one Mission you get them as a reward for capturing spanish horses.
That they later on had been added to “regular” gameplay might have been just an easteregg as others already mentioned

Nope. In AoK you were given Tarkans.

Xololtl Warriors came with DE and they were able to be trained on converted stables since the beggining

2 Likes

If European civilisations convert an Indian stable they also can’t train Elephants in there either.

1 Like

Yeah, this is the strange thing that even in campains we do not use Xolotl warriors.

They are used on the Boiling Lake Moctezuma scenario, instead of Tarkans you got Xolotl Warriors when you capture horses.

1 Like

Tarkans were swapped with Xolotls come DE, so they are indeed used, and this is evident that Xolotls are in a good spot, scenario-wise.

1 Like

I think the main reason for giving americans civs the ability to train Xolotl warriors from converted stables was the Battle Royale game mode
Not sure what was the original idea of the Xolotl warrior, the campaign unit or the BR game mode

I like your idea.

(By the way, Mayans do not have Redemption and therefore can’t convert stables.)

Xolotl Warriors existed before the BR game mode was introduced.

3 Likes

They did, the ability to train them from stables did not.

Why not. Except El Dorado (Mayans have no access to Xolotl).

This could still work in custom maps like a random maps that gives you a stable at the start. Could be interesting for megarandom too.

Even if it’s not possible in a normal match.

Another option would be to allow mesoamerican civs to build new stables as soon as they convert a stable OR any mounted unit (at least any that’s on horseback rather than elephant, camel or donkey).

1 Like

So you need to nerf the eagles
All American civilizations are designed without cavalry and gunpowder; if you give them the ability to train cavalry then you need to rebalance them. Xolotl warriors are a nice unit, but they shouldn’t be on the civs roster

That would be way to easy.
This way they could nearly build a strategy around that. It would completely alter the character of those civilisations.

No, the introduction of Xototl Warriors came also with the stable conversion and training at release on DE

I mean, the whole discussion is about how to make it so the unit can be seen in game. You won’t have that if there’s no strategy to be formed around it at all.

1 Like

I think the Xolotl Warrior should be a special unit that you can only encounter in rare situations.
It’s way to easy to convert a single knight and then suddenly have access to cavalry.
And then the logic should theoretically be expended to other civilisations. Like why do Franks not get Camels and Elephants once they converted one.

If it would require converting one Stable to unlock the Stable then it would be less easy but also have to effect that people have to start deleting their own Stables when fighting Aztecs or something like that.

Keeping it a very situational thing is nice. It adds a cool little mechanic to the game that doesn’t impact balance.

2 Likes

Excacly !

Would you mind to explain me in which “situational thing” we can use Xolotl Warriors in the current state of the game ?

No one is using them… Even if you convert a stable you not gonna use them, as they sux too much.

That’s why I want them to be better. So people can use them if they converted a stable.

But I don’t want to make it easier to get so you can build a strategy around it.

If you monk/siege push and happen to convert a stable, making 1-2 xolotl to handle vills/some leftover feudal units is useful. Thats a very rare occasion, but considering we are talking about an easter egg, I think thats fair.

3 Likes