• Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

Issue:

Age upgrades go past 100%.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Play as Malay in the latest patch
  2. Click up to Feudal.
  3. Note that it doesn’t finish at 100% and you still have to wait.

Seems like the 66% faster buff is bugged and you don’t actually matriculate into the new age until 151% (100/0.66). (I didn’t verify its 151% but it felt like it finished around then.)

I noticed this as a spectator to a game and also it happened to me in the next game.

ATTACHMENTS:

18 Likes

me too.
it take 2min10s for up to Feudal Age.

:smiley: :smiley:

Yes, Malay now advance as fast as all normal civs do.

Capture

Had the same issue in 2 games so far.
Age up completes sometimes when pausing and resuming the game. But it doesn’t always work.

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 36906

Issue:

The malay advance times are going over 100%. They are not infinite, but it seems to negate the initial malay bonus.

7 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: Update 36906
  • Gamertag: IDidntWantIt

I played malay, started in dark age and had map on explored. After going to fedual age, I went castle age. The progress for castle age went over 100%.
Edit: I eventually hit the next age at around 167% progress. Also happened when going to imperial age.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play with malay.
  2. Try to age to castle age. (I don’t know if it was the same for fedual age and I just didn’t notice)

ATTACHMENTS:

5 Likes

That Problem continues over all advances to the next age. (Also on Windows 7)
I believe instead of 66% faster advancetime it slows down by 66%, because the game shows 166 % progress at maximum.

1 Like

Game Version: Last version at 1/05/2020

• Build:
  • Gamertag: replaceme

Issue:

I click to change era and when bar arrives at 100%, then nothing happens and stills increasing…143%…and much more.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Open 2v3 match where you play with one IA vs 3 IA hard.
  2. Get enough resources to research new era.
  3. When you should be evolving to new era (100% bar) nothing happens and still increasing.
  4. Stop research, start again, and perhaps you evolve or you need to cancel again.

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)not evolving aoe 2 DE
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build: 36906
  • Gamertag: Purkrabi

Issue:

(Advancing to next age as malay takes longer. TC counter goes in each age up to 166%. Time spend is because of it take 66% longer to advance)
Looks like Malay bonus is not advancing age at 66% of normal time, but 166% of normal time.

Reproduction Steps:

1. (Play as Malay)
  2. Advance next age and see progress in TC

ATTACHMENTS:

3 Likes

The same just happend to me. This is definitely a weird one to look at.

1 Like

I had the same problem, with me it was the advance to castle age. It was in ranked which made it pretty frustrating.

1 Like

I got a video clip of it happening, it goes to 166% as others stated (I don’t know how to post a video here).

1 Like

I checked it and you will age up when it reaches exactly 166% meaning Malay bonus somehow got cancelled by this new patch.

2 Likes

When will this be fixed?

3 Likes

I have been playing DE for under 10 hours, but I have over 200 in AoE 2 HD. I believe that something is wrong with the progress bar (at least for my game) when I advance to the next age. Each time I advance, instead of completing at 100%, I have to wait until the progress bar hits 160% or 165% before I can get into the next age. I do not know why this is happening. I have been playing as the Malay, who have a 66% faster up time, and I was wondering if that might have something to do with it.

Here is a screenshot for reference.

Reproduction steps:

1. Play as Malay
  2. Literally any game will do
  3. Suffer

1 Like

Bug in advancing next age

1 Like

Thank you all for the report! the team is aware of the issue and has the fix in the works. We are hoping to push this along with some other priority fixes as soon as possible, so hang tight and we’ll let you know when that is available!

Thanks again!

9 Likes

Also have experienced this bug. It goes up to 166% and then ages you up. The bonus appears to have warped in on itself.

Screenshot_1

2 Likes