Malta 8 Xbow card broken after patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• **GAME BUILD #:**15.30007
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Malta 8 Crossbowmen card does not send any, does not increase population counter when sent

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play Malta
  2. Age 2
    3.Send 8 Crossbowmen card

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I would have 8 crossbowmen

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

7 Likes

So this also is a bug for France. The xbows never arrive.

2 Likes

malta 10inf xbow broke, port 8 xbow broke. weirdly malta 12 20 and 24 xbows work

Im so grateful there is a thermometer in the main menu to make up for this

3 Likes

Found the reason

the 8 and infinite xbow card is shared with port and due to the changes to the ChurchBestieros tech the card now requires the civ to have this line in the Age0 starting tech

<effect type="TechStatus" status="obtainable">DEHCShipCrossbowShadow</effect>

This tech has only been added for Port and Germany

Thats why its only the 8 and the 10 infinite that is affected cause they are the only ones shared with Port

This needs to be fixed quick and it should be simple

9 Likes

I love how players not only point out bugs but also how to fix it. :stuck_out_tongue: Devs better patch it fast.

2 Likes

and someone made a mod for it already lol by the time i commented

3 Likes

The release cycles are out of the devs’ hand most of the time. Hence my mod :wink:

3 Likes

maybe Age of Empires should hire you as a volunteer dev xD I feel this would give the game a bit more advantage ^^

2 Likes

I noticed the same bug, on 8 crossbows shipment, with Malta and France

You cannot compare a hobbyist doing high-level XML code in its free time to a dev working on low-level (as in closer to machine code) C# code working under pressure. That is not fair.

Thank you, still !

But I do admit I would not mind talking to FE about lending a hand, just to see the other side…

1 Like

It is still not fixed after the latest patch. Intolerable, since you already offered solution.

sorry my bad, i thought new patch was released today.

Unfortunately, I have found this bug also impacts the infinite 8 xbow shipment only available to France in the “Land Battle” Art of War Scenario. This is particularly concerning as this directly impacts new players in what is likely their first interaction with the game. This bug needs a patch immediately.

3 Likes

omg 24d with this bug…

2 Likes

Next community challenge would be to reach 200k unique players each month to earn the bugfix.

Why not? The dev who f’d this up was doing high level XML code, and the ones who missed it in QA might not even be programmers.

This bug also affects the campaign, at least the Act 1, where Morgan Black leads the Knights of St. John. While technically Malta, it doesn’t have anything to do with the new Malta faction; the faction is made as a copy of the Spanish, I believe. Unfortunately, even the Crossbow Baaalance Patch mod doesn’t fix it. Would really help some scenarios, where the enemy immediately attacks, to get some early crossbowmen.

1 Like

Thanks ! I will try and update the patch.

1 Like

Yes, I wanted to report this too. Is it gonna be fixed on the next patch?