Mangonels broken

Sure gimme ign / map etc

No they won’t. Only time bombards 1 shot when springalds are without upgrades which means they’re still castle age springalds

200/200 I think is great, they nerfed springald and should be lowered to 180/180 instead of 250/250

What’s wrong with mangonels? I can’t counter spearman hordes without them. :frowning:

Evry units beside cav counter spears. Super easy to counter.

I also think magonels need a nerf. They are too versatile. They should have a minimum range or yes also friendly fire. They would be still really good vs. masses of range units like they should be (just look at AoE2).

But I also agree that bombards (or call them modern tanks) are the bigger balance issue.

1 Like

Were not you defending Chinese 12 range bombards?

2 Likes

I think the range is fine. So?

As long as we reduce the price of springald, it is a weakening of cannons and mangoels :joy: :joy: :joy:

the only price - will do almost nothing.
The siege player will just add springalds, so bombards + springalds.

Infantry should be able snipe bombards.

now I regret that they did not add the crew, to kill a rew around siege would be easier than destroy it now.
because somehow devs decided that if unit did not have a “person to operate” than it’s a building with 1000hp

1 Like

And they can snipe bombards or any siege unit in that matter?

Ign is same as my fourms name

BlakeRevnant

U can look at any game I played Abbasids as.

U can also tell me trying to play Abbasids isn’t working lmao I was trying to give them some love but it’s super hard to win as Abbasids.

This is really why I’m pissed tbh

Another symptom of lazy development and now we have to deal with unmanned tank bombard

Why does any thread proposing siege nerfs essentially become a ‘everyone on the forum vs one particular person’. Every time lol.

2 Likes

Bc someone always gotta say some stupid ■■■■

1 Like

I agree with everything except that bombard should kill springald for 2 shots, bombard should do 2 shots only for culverins.

It too cheap too fast too sturdy and can shoot at close range.

1 Like

Only 1 person mentioned the elephants… Springalds should do the bonus seige damage to elephants… spears hardly counter elephants, Delhi push in early castle with a couple elephants 20 archers and a mangonel is really hard to stop even if you have 2-3 springalds, longbow and spears.

yeah minimum range on mangonels at the very least, same with nest of bees. friendly fire on those two would be so much more realistic. nerf bombard damage to infantry and buildings would be good, when you come in with 4 bombards and 2-shot a landmark or an upgraded keep it makes the game stupid.

2 Likes

My crossbowmen barely do any damage to elephants :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

The trick is to super micro the spears.

if you only have 20 spears ALL 20 of those have to attack a single elephant to kill it

1 Like

Spearmen work fine as a counter to Elephants, so do springalds. If you make elephants die to a few springald shots, why make them? 400 food 600 gold for a unit slower than siege that is countered by the cheapest infantry unit.

Mangonels do have a minimum range. Just run up to them from a side or don’t take a bad engagement against them with your units and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

I guess it’s another good reason to nerf siege movement speed to make elephants more useful as antisiege unit.