Map balance

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: V. 100.12.11148.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

The map resources are sometimes extremely unbalanced, making competetive play frustrating to say the least. See image and note that all gold mines are visible.
Might not be classified as a bug if balance was never the intention.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
    (Frequence varies based on severity, obviously)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a new game.
  2. Look at map.
  3. Alt+F4.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I would expect resource to be reasonably similar for all players. Obviously it is difficult to determine what reasonable means but a good start would be for all players to have the the same amount of resources in their exclusive build zone.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Some players have significantly less while others have alot more resources.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

1 Like

Map balance on water maps in treaty is also an issue.
I had a 3v3 game one borneo (so theres like 60 boats on whales…) and none of my team could reach water due to the treaty build radius while opponents could reach water. Because of this, the enemy had way more resources to fight with.

It’s actually an EP change that was carried over with the rest. Since DE it became kinda controversial…

1 Like