Map Editor: Set player visibility not working for P1

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: VERSION 101.101.43210.0 5867313
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

When using the ‘set player visibility’ feature in the scenario editor it does not work when player 1 is the target.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create a map with multiple players
  2. Pick a player other than P1
  3. Using ‘set player visibility’ effects, put the chosen player as the source, and each other player as the target
  4. Test the map as the chosen player. All vision will be shared other than P1.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

I was expecting P1s vision to be shared. It does this with all other players.

I think this is fixed. I just tried it, and I was able to see P1’s vision as P2.

1 Like

Test was also unable to reproduce this on Live, and have closed out the tracking task.

If this is still happening, additional details, scenario files, and information will be most helpful in getting this investigated and fixed!

Thanks for the report! :+1:

I just tested it and it’s still there. What’s the best way to upload scenario file? Not letting me attach it here. But it’s very simple to recreate.

It’s basically an 8 player arabia map generated in the editor. I use 1 trigger with 7 set player visibility effects. Player 2 is the source and the other 7 players the targets.

I then go to standard play and load the scenario. I use 7 AIs and set myself as player 2. When the game loads I can see all other vision apart from player 1.