Match Launches into Black Screen with Random Sprites

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: #71094
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I’ve only noticed this in ranked TG’s but I do not play other modes too often. This happens after the match has loaded for all players.
The game launches into a black screen with a few artifacts (different locations every time). I can hear the game sounds and my allies typing messages. I can not interact with the game. Very rarely, the game is able to refresh after a few seconds and continue normally, but this is rare, most of the times I have to restart the game for the issue to go away.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

This happens roughly 1 in 30 games I play.

:arrow_forward: ############ STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Queue for Ranked
  2. Wait for game to start
  3. Wait for all the players to load in

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
The game would start normally.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

MP Replay v101.102.5558.0 #(71094) @2022.11.20 183826 (3).aoe2record (682.6 KB)

Hello @SisterRespecter !

Do you have Windows and graphic card drivers up to date?

Yes, I do. I’m running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 526.98 - WHQ driver (Nov 2022 version) on Windows 11 22621.819 (Nov 2022 version). I asked around some discords and a few of my friends are experiencing the same occasionally, although not as often as me.

This is a bug which was introduced with the Dynasties of India pre release patch. I reported it back then. The issue is still not fixed.

1 Like

A friend of mine mentioned that it started happening to him before Dynasties of India but he might be misremembering.

Another issue I’ve come across is a ranked game loading into the main screen. I’ve noticed this happens when you accept a steam invite too early as your launching the game. Have you ever had that happen?

@SisterRespecter
Can I have your Dxdiag?

You can send the file with gofile.io

Thanks!

Here you go:

1 Like

and another one

Bug fixed itself today. Clip (no sound):

There’s a known issue. If you click repeatedly on loading screen, the game might crash. Do you normally do this while waiting?