Melee anti-inf unit for incas

They should just have it as a Quechua Slinger more like the Aztec Otontin Slinger.

1 Like

Maigadi, bolas warriors. Both have range resist

Bolas warriors were great awhile ago but it seems anything remotely good for the inca gets nerfed next patch.

2 Likes

Are Huarraca useful? I keep trying to use them and they seem useless. The last game I just played, I had a bunch of them vs 3-4 gatling guns with no other units around and they got utterly annihilated and did nothing. Arenā€™t they specifically supposed to counter artillery? They donā€™t seem to be good against anything other than buildings. Another time I had a cost efficient number vs troops and the Mexican hero simply ran close to them so they kept targeting him when I attack moved and they did minimal damage to him meanwhile all the troops were killing the Huaraccas. What am I missing?

1 Like

Huaracas are not good anymore, they now have neagtive multipliers vs infantry and cavalry and the only unit you actually want them to kill (artillery) also have more range than huaracas and counter huaracas because theyā€™re infantry.

Thats such a shame, was such a cool looking unit, I wanted to try Inca because of the unit. I thought ā€˜oh cool, abus guns for a native civ!ā€™ So the only way to counter heavy infantry that everyone loves to spam are Jungle bowmen and get blown away by cannons? Hmm maybe Iā€™ll passā€¦ What kind of unit composition am I supposed to use to actually win a game? Can maceman break even with muskets on a cost basis?

1 Like

They used to be like abus guns because they do siege damage so they were quite strong vs infantry even though they are designed to be anti-artillery, they nerfed them heavily vs inf and cav and didnā€™t buff them vs artillery at all, they actually nerfed them vs artillery then reverted the change lol.

Only real option currently is to go jungle bowmen vs heavy infantry and suicide some chimu to kill cannons, itā€™s not cost effective though.
With inca itā€™s important to get your 10 priestesses dancing on the plaza and use the attack dance to buff your units during fights which makes up a bit for being at such a disadvantage.
Macemen are actually quite strong, basically skull knights with range resist, you need to send the road building card to give them 10% more speed though so they can get into melee fast, melee infantry combat buffs them a lot too and the war hut big button tech is worth getting for another 5% range resist.

I used to main inca pretty much from release but in itā€™s current state Iā€™d just recommend choosing another civ, malta is my new favourite.

1 Like

still have x1.5, so now they do 35 damage instead of 40

2 Likes

Where are people getting the ā€˜negative bonusā€™ idea from? When it says ā€˜1.5ā€™ bonus vs infantry, does that include light infantry or just heavy? It seems like it would still be good vs heavy and light. Maybe it is the rate of fire that messes it up? I canā€™t figure out why they arenā€™t better than they appear to be in actual games.

It is kind of weird how soldado have similar melee attack yet are cheaper and spawn quicker from multiple haciendos compared to having half the tribe on the firepit.

I personally remembered it wrong, they changed it recently and lowered the multiplier. It used to be 2x vs infantry and they lowered it to 1.5x.

The unit was good vs infantry before, basically an abus gun but now it is significantly worse when combined with itā€™s very slow firing animation. It also does half as much damage as an abus gun while firing about the same speed when you take the animation into account and is 2 population just the same and a similar price.

2 Likes

huh I never noticed this but the Huaracas isnt affected by the attack boosting ceremony. was that intended?

I think all units are it just doesnā€™t show on their stats when you click on them.

ok yeah from testing it it does seem to get he boost, just hidden for some weird reason

the other units changes the stat numbers when you change to the ceremony

It shouldnt then. Attack ceremony boosts range attackšŸ¹, not siege onešŸ’£.

after check this further, it does affect other units that deal siege damage in their range attack like the grenadiers as well, so its not about the type of damage but the attack type

Though the grenadiers suffer from the same problem that the stat change isnt reflected in the UI

this doesnt seem to be a problem for other units that doesnt deal range damge in the range attack though, the dervisher UI does change

3 Likes

I think this units could be rescued from the WOL mod. :slightly_smiling_face:

Manco Horseman

Auca Runa

Pishtaco

These units could be used to replace or complement the Inca civilization. :wink:

2 Likes

Huaraca has an animation before firing, during which the artillery may have already fired. So huaraca takes a lof of damage

1 Like

I actually think Inca is the worst civ in the game right now. Its the only civ I can almost never win a game using. I do better even with Ports. They are just so screwed vs artillery its not even funny. I think they should give them a card such as Hausa has which after it is sent it allows them to recruit something that actually works vs. artillery. Such as the Somali Darood (skirm specialized vs artillery) or something, it would send a batch of them and make them show up in the native embassy.

1 Like

I think the answer to most of incas problems is 1 of 2 things itā€™s either give huaracas more range or siege resist so they can effectively counter falconets or allow training of light cannons in age 4 like haud have, even if it requires a card itā€™s better than nothing.

3 Likes

Light canons would be good or huarrca range buff. Macemen being 3 pop is far too much, its a 2 pop unit and it costs too much res, perhaps give them an ability to jump forward (on a cooldown) into units to help them with catch as inca does not have a cav unit to take skirm attacks or attilery shots, maybe inflict AOE damage when they land? That would be cool. Atm they are far too slow and too low hp (688) to be used against a mass like in treaty.

1 Like