Memory Leak/Crashing

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

GAME BUILD #: 9717890
GAME PLATFORM: Steam
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 11

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

I can play Age of Empires II for about 15-20 minutes before it quickly slows down and crashes. Previously I was given an error telling me that the memory couldn’t be written but now it simply closes. I was able to play the game for ~20 hours without any problems before.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Download the game
  2. Play the game
  3. Crash

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Normal Gameplay

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

Hi @IndustrialGamin
Do you have an Intel Iris GPU? If so, we’re investigating an issue with the latest drivers. Try to install previous drivers.

2 Likes

I had the same issue with memory leakage having an Intel Iris XE graphics, i proceeded to upgrade the graphics driver to the latest from Intel and during the upgrade installation selected Clean install.

Downloaded this driver: Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers
Version: 31.0.101.3790

Hope it helps others!!
Glhf

3 Likes

Looks like this has been a problem for a few months

Game crashes after 5 mins - Age of Empires II: DE / Ask for Help - Age of Empires Forum

I was on driver version 31.0.101.3358 (4 Aug 2022). I have rolled back to 30.0.101.1404 (18 Feb 2022).

This has fixed the problem.

1 Like