[MERGED] Game Graphics Feedback

in the end even if the game had most realistic graphics it would eventually die out if it had bad gameplay… also think about the modders, AOE 3 vanilla modders cant even get into DE just because they cant make new models for enhanced graphics

1 Like

AoE 2 had MORE realistic graphics. Did AoE 2 “die out”? :smiley:

7 Likes

There are a lot of criticism around web about graphic.
Well done Relic.

This game Will have the same Dawn3 Destiny

9 Likes

Is that a good thing? Or a bad thing? Oh, i think you also like done of my other posts on a different thread too. :smiley:

1 Like

how do u define realistic ?

3 Likes

All of those criticisms mean graphic Is a really important thing for people.

3 Likes

Spellforce3 and Company of Heroes.

5 Likes

dawn 3 was absolute trash not because of graphix, but because of les replayability

3 Likes

man why are we even having this conversation ? you and i will play the game regardless… if the game sucks it will lose players if it doesnt it will grow, simple as that

9 Likes

The opposite of cartoonish. I DID NOT spend 4 years getting a degree in graphic design. Howver, you do not need a degree in physics, to KNOW when a piano is falls on top of you, do you? You ALSO DO NOT need to have a degree in graphic design to know when somethign is “cartoonish” or “realistic”. Now you COULD say, that those your NOT the applicable terminolgoy. However, that is irrelevant, since MOST players DID NOT get a degree in graphics design, and will therefore ALWAYS use “incorect terminology”, when using descriptions for diferent parts of a game. :smiley:

3 Likes

Take a look at this image. This looks GOOD. I think a lot of what we are criticizing comes from looking at shots like super zoomed in. For example, ANNO 1800 models also look clunky when you zoom super far in. The building and terrain look exceptional in this game. I know they try to make the swords and arrows super big so that you can spot them when you zoom way out, but that is NOT helping. I would say they just need to work on in-scaling all of the models/weapons/arrows etc and we might be okay. Zoomed out a little bit this game looks good.

38 Likes

ya complaining before the game is even released will not take us anywhere

7 Likes

Will it damage the reputation of the AoE SERIES if the game SUCKS… YES!!! That is WHY everyone is having this conversation. Because some people actually care about the SERIES and DO NOT want the game to bad. Some people want the game to be GOOD, and even to be BETTER thn AoE 2. :smiley:

13 Likes

From Gamestar.de

How good are the graphics?
Age of Empires 4 has a very unique graphic style. While the landscapes, forests, fields and grasses look “realistic”, the troops and characters almost stand out as models. Age 4 doesn’t have comic graphics, but Relic is very concerned with visibility and readability - your drives should always be clearly recognizable, and events should never be washed out by too many visual effects.

So our worring were true: units are horrible.

Relic: from the best developers to the worst developer. A Great Path to the fame.

4 Likes

dude seriously? i can give a counter statement… how is warcraft 3 and starcraft 2 so popular after being so cartoonish? infact thsese are most successful rts franchises

3 Likes

in that case, i think the game will succeed regardless of what we say

2 Likes

You are against negative criticism of the game and therefore declare all negative criticism to be irrelevant until the game releases? Tha tis ILLOGICAL. There is ALREADY PARTS OF THE GAME THAT HAVE BEEN SHOW CASED, AND ARE NOW BEING EVALUATED. Which is DIRECTLY leading to the criticism. NO ONE needs to “wait for the release of the game”, in order to EVAULATE THE GAME GRAPHICS, "WHICH HAVE ALREADY BEEN RELEASED. :smiley: :smiley:

8 Likes

I don’t believe the developers don’t know how old the people who played aoe2 back then are now.
How could it be this style? Like a children’s animation?

4 Likes

ya… i have seen people complaining about AOE 3 DE graphics when there was a leak, and it turned out to be completely fine… so u can carry on complaining if u want

ill just be optimistic on my own, peace

1 Like

They showcased some bad shots. Zoom into Age 2/3 and see how the nice units turn into a pixel-mess. The game has clearly some scaling issues (like e.g the obvious big arrows or elephants), however nobody plays a strategy game with a camera like this. As someone who “studied graphics design” you should know best that the angle and the zoomfactor can make or break such a scene. just look at the image that @PreflightCarp79 posted above. Would you say that those are bad graphics? I wouldnt.

8 Likes