[MERGED] Game Graphics Feedback

AGE 2 AND 3 Definitive edition look extremely good even at full zoom. Specifically age 2 DE has a 4k pack that offers you spectacular zoom and details.

5 Likes

try captureage and zoom in a bit :slight_smile:

What? I think you must have “misread” what i said. I said i “DID NOT” study a 4 year degree in graphics design. Therefore, “I CANNOT” use the “graphic design terminology” for explaining the gaphics. However, a lack of “specific knowledge”, IS NOT a lack of understanding. Someone can KNOW that getting punched in the face “hurts”. However, that specific someone CANNOT EXPLAIN HOW it hurts. Only that it DOES HURT. :smiley:

The same is true with graphics, when explaining that they are “cartoonish”. The terminology “cartoonish”, may be factually “inaccurate”, however, it is still representative of the OVERALL art/graphic style being shown. :smiley:

1 Like

Really, really hope they’re not listening to Age of Empires 2 players and fans like the people whining about graphics in this thread.

I don’t care that they want a clone of their painfully boring and average game that rarely breaks the top 50 on Steam (something that should be easy to do if the game is popular).

I want something that tries to innovate and break the mould and this preview was a mixed bag of disappointment and potential. We’ll see. Graphics should not be the concern here. Fun, engaging gameplay, world building, fight mechanics are what is important.

11 Likes

thats exactly my thoughts… if its fun , no one cares about the graphics… im thinking they are investing more on gameplay and stuff than the looks, but the looks as it is right now is good

2 Likes

Considering that AoE 2 SOLD THE MOST COPIES AT BOTH original release AND the HD release AND the DE release. Not to mention the fact, that the game is SET IN THE SMAE TIME PERIOD a AoE 2. Perhaps, it mgiht be a bit important to ACTUALLY LISTEN to what the AoE 2 players have to say? You know, if they want to make money and all. :smiley:

9 Likes

It is fun because it has GOOD GRAPHICS. Research shows that games with better graphics SELL MORE COPIES. :smiley:

5 Likes

I guess they could if their goal was to be the most irrelevant game mode and esport of the day.

I was hoping the bar would be higher.

sry i guess i misread that. i play aoe2 with the zoom level of the image above and it looks really amazing for me. they choose the cartoonish style for units to better distinguish the units and to get clarity on the battlefield - although they might overdid it a bit. But this is nothing that cant be fixed, infact it might be the easiest fix overall - they just need to scale things a bit down.

p.s. : you might check your capslock button - it seems like it has a malfunction and activates itself :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ya say that to valheim, among us, phlasmophobia, fortnite, fall guy etc lol

3 Likes

Why would you care about Esports? Most Esports are a sham. Just look at Heroes of The Sotmr. Not to mention that it is doubtful that ANY RTS will be as successful as an Esports as StarCraft. Especially since StarCraft IS SUCESSFULL BECAUSE it is focused on MICRO and NOT base bulding. You can literally end a Starcraft 2 game in under 5 minutes. It is almost impossible to end ANY AoE SERIES game in under 5 minutes. :smiley:

Also, do not fool yourself. No game company cares about “a high bar”, or anything such as that. They only care about whether the game will be profitable. Otherwise, THEY WILL HAVE NO JOB. Therefore the game is ONLY IMPORTANT if it can SELL COPIES. :smiley:

Unless you want to give them 100 MILLION DOLLARS to create a game that only 10,000 people want to play? Just to be clear 10,000 X $60 = $60,000

They would NEED to sell AT LEAST 5 MILLION COPIES JUST TO BREAK EVEN. Let alone more copies to actually make a profit. :smiley:

The graphics could be better, yes BUT if they directed more resources into the game mechanic, unit pathing, balance and civ uniqueness, I would be fully satisfied.

4 Likes

The arrows bother me, all the weapons are big, it’s easier to understand what’s going on

1 Like

Lol. It’s cool. Also i have worse things to worry about than the caps lock button. I usually just accidentally press it while typing, or i press the button to make the first letter of a sentence capitalized (because grammar is important), and then i subsequently forget about it. Though occassionally i do use caps lock for hightling single words. :smiley:

Though i am more worried about my CPU fan which had 1 screw FALL OUT of it, than i am of acicdentally pressing the caps lock button. Not to mention i type all these responses really fast, and it is am 4AM where i am. :smiley:

2 Likes

Especially after all announcements, promises and the Definitive Editions this is just disappointing.
They should release the game in 2023, remove unrealistic animations, improve details, don’t make weapons so oversized. This game could look so good, if they wouldn’t have chosen this cartoony units and animations look. Also grass and some nature elements need more details.
I hope this is a joke and the gameplay is from 2019, but probably not.

I definitely would like to appreciate the graphics style, but I can’t.

5 Likes

So you just don’t like the graphics and decide to start blaspheming about it?

Well. I don’t like the way you express your opinion.

Also the graphics really look great to me. I can’t wait to play this game on my 4K monitor.

But that’s just my personal opinion.

8 Likes

When I say the bar should be higher, I mean selling more copies by being an interesting game for millions of people (in other words, not Age of Empires 2 with 3D models).

This guy speak for me.

<3

2 Likes

Perhaps have DIFFERENT animation choices? They ALREADY have these options with the AoE 2 DE mods. Remember the snowman mod for the Man-At-Arms? :smiley:

1 Like

To which response are you replying too? Just to be clear. I have no opinions. Only facts. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like