[Merged] Overlay Freezes

A moderator merged my topic but in all honesty, my problem has simalarity’s but has another patern to it, so i dont see a reason to merge the topic…

First of all, this bug is super annoying. It is ruining the experience of playing multiplayer with my friends. The description of the issue is the same here, the UI freezes, I cannot move units, select anything, just the song keeps playing.

However, my case is a bit different. I am based in Europe and my 2 friends are based in Brazil.
Sometimes the server assigned is UK and sometimes is Brazil. When the server is UK, the crash happens to one of my brazilian friends. When the server is Brazil, the crash happens to me.

PS: Normally this doesn’t happen in 2v2, only 3v3
PS2: Happens on Ranked Team Random Maps and Lobby too
PS3: There is no log dump or windows event entry when this bug happens.

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: 101.101.39515.0 5328560
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 7
  • Gamertag: MadGeneral

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

Since the update from May 1st (Greatest Medieval Technologies) the game is unplayable for me. After around 10 seconds in the main menu or elsewhere in the game the user interface except the cursor freezes permanently until closing the game. The sound continues and the sound of pressing buttons is hearable, so the game is running in the background but the according picture is not showing. It doesn’t matter if I stay in the main menu or rush into a game (singleplayer), it works well for a few seconds and then freezes.
I have not been able to play a single game since three and a half months and several patches and I’m very frustrated about it. And I doesn’t seem to be the only one with the problem so I can’t understand how this is not fixed yet.
Also, have you checked the steam discussion about it? It’s an issue so important that it’s pinned: https://steamcommunity.com/app/813780/discussions/2/2261314050767988483/

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

1. Open game until main menu
  2. Wait for around 10 seconds or do anything
  3. User interface except cursor freezes

Now new issue has replaced the freezing issue

Mostly it happens in Ranked TG, but even in lobby games, the game freezes and the message comes:
Disconnected, attempting to reconnect

But my Voice channel over discord is working perfectly

I have lost 10/20 games till now because either i disconnect or my ally disconnects randomly in the middle of the game

Please fix this issue, it is making people leave Aoe2 Multiplayer

Same is still true after the update today

Wow it looks like not a single reply from Age of Empires official

I get the same freezing…makes the game unplayable.

To the mod that deletes this. because you will be you think it’s ‘too negative’. why are you even here? What good are you bringing to society?

I still have the problem. Since 1 Month when I’m playing multi-player every game freezes after 10 - 15 mins.

This problem is known since may 2000 and still not fixed really?
This is very sad.

Not many devs work on this game, so we gotta take it easy and slow :smiley:

at least it was May 2020, so 20 years less time xD

I fixed my freezing problem. Just delete all files in ur %temp% folder. It works for me.