[Merged] Will AoE: DE be available on Steam?

it would be more awesome

2 Likes

Why would you want it on steam?
Why is steam good?
(If they released it on steam, then some % of the price you pay would go to Valve and not MS)

1 Like

Windows Store is ok, by Steam its cost more and all where have Win10 they dont have a problem.

1 Like

I’d wager they will eventually release it on Steam, once the growth for the Windows Store dies down. It’s simply too big of a market to miss out on.

I just don’t want to deal with the store’s BS & paid online.

Note that Xbox Live IS NOT PAID ON PC

Thus there is no ‘paid online’ for AOE:DE. You need an Xbox Live account. But to create one is free.

There is no Xbox Live Gold you need to purchase for online multiplayer. You DO NOT need to pay for a subscription to play online.

Game is Windows 10 and Windows Store Exclusive

The game will not be available on Steam

the game will only be available on the Windows Store.

https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/comment/191/#Comment_191

We’ve chosen to release “Age of Empires: Definitive Edition” exclusively in the Windows Store and we’re excited about what that entails, including tons of Xbox Live goodness (achievements, cloud saves, multiplayer on the fastest, more reliable gaming network and more).

1 Like

Xbox Live On PC Does NOT Require A Subscription

Xbox Live on PC does not require any subscription like it does on the console. To create a Xbox Live account is free. After that there is no recurring subscription fees to access MP or anything else on the infrastructure.

AOE:DE Is Windows 10 And Windows Store Exclusive

AOE:DE will not be available on Steam. It is a Windows Store exclusive

We’ve chosen to release “Age of Empires: Definitive Edition” exclusively in the Windows Store and we’re excited about what that entails, including tons of Xbox Live goodness (achievements, cloud saves, multiplayer on the fastest, more reliable gaming network and more).

@Satoru said:
Xbox Live On PC Does NOT Require A Subscription

Xbox Live on PC does not require any subscription like it does on the console. To create a Xbox Live account is free. After that there is no recurring subscription fees to access MP or anything else on the infrastructure.

AOE:DE Is Windows 10 And Windows Store Exclusive

AOE:DE will not be available on Steam. It is a Windows Store exclusive

Well at least there’s free multiplayer

Its probably gonna be on Steam sometime down the line.

Even Halo Wars 2 is coming to Steam due to lack of sales.

@br4zil said:

Ultimately its possible it might come to steam like other games

But its not going to be at release. As such you’ll need to make a decision as to

1. Do you want to play it right now
  2. Do you want to pay for the premium to play it right now
  3. Do you want to risk the game never coming to steam
  4. Do you want to risk the game coming to steam eventually but that may take 1-2 years

ultimately you need to ask yourself what are the risks you’re willing to take for what is an uncertain outcome.

@Satoru said:

@br4zil said:

Ultimately its possible it might come to steam like other games

But its not going to be at release. As such you’ll need to make a decision as to

1. Do you want to play it right now
  2. Do you want to pay for the premium to play it right now
  3. Do you want to risk the game never coming to steam
  4. Do you want to risk the game coming to steam eventually but that may take 1-2 years

ultimately you need to ask yourself what are the risks you’re willing to take for what is an uncertain outcome.

The way i see it, its 2 options:

-AoE DE is forever WinStore/Win10 exclusive → Game will die in the MP scene and it will be worth it only for the single player, thus i have all the time in the world to get it.

-AoE DE comes to Steam, we get the same treatment as AoE2, which is pretty damn big in the RTS multiplayer scene for PC games.

Microsoft and the Devs really dont have much of a choice, i dunno who they are fooling themselves into thinking that this game will do well on its own, no game has done so far now, even Rise of Tomb Raider didint.

AoE1, as beloved as it might be, its a extremely small fish when compared to “giants” that didint succeeded either.

Besides, we already have indications that it will come to steam, Rise of Nations is getting a cross platform patch, i am guessing its testing the waters to do the same with AoE DE in the future.

So to answer your question, my decision is that i want AoE:DE just like AoE2HD, i want the community, i want the custom maps, i want the competitive scene, etc.

Those things wont be avaiable in the release of this game.

1 Like

@br4zil said:

I hope so!!

Steam isn’t the only PC gaming plataform, in fact you can go and play EA Games, Blizzard, Ubisoft and other Company related games without using Steam. Just business mate :slight_smile:

I’m sick of this
 may be the steam user must be wait 1 or 2 years.

Sure, steam isn’t the only one. So it shouldn’t come ‘exclusively’ to that, either. Just release it on steam/origin/uplay/
 You know, known and established gaming platforms without the PC gaming community which can be approached by just about any set of hardware/software
 But instead, we’re set on Win10 exclusiveness for an unspecified time.
For me, I’ll wait for it to come to steam (or other likewise programs), or I’ll just soothe myself with the older games whilst accepting I’ll likely never play the new game(s) 'cause they opted for such exclusiveness.

If this game come available one day in steam I hope microsoft give us codes to add age of empires on steam.

We are some people that remember games for windows, age of empires online, dlcs and new versions, another markets-drm platforms and anothers new versions relased in a short time
 and we need to pay for all? We have plenty of games to go into another game that is not age of empires or simply stay in age version 1.

It’ll come to Steam eventually. Windows Store as a gaming platform sucks, and Microsoft is not a faithful, or reliable publisher - so I personally won’t buy anything from Windows Store. When GFWL bombed, Microsoft just dropped the service and screwed over everybody who had games on it. Microsoft will to the same with the Windows Store and any other service they create. And Microsoft’s history is littered with cases of screwing over paying, and existing customers and product license owners.

I would only buy from the Windows Store if you have money to burn and are OK with your purchase disappearing at some point, or becoming inaccessible. I’m not OK with that, so I don’t use the Windows Store.

of course not

@Developers

I accept your decisions releasing your new game and remasters of old AOE titles for W10 store only.
But you have to accept that I won’t buy your game therefore then, since I have very bad memories about Game for Windows Live and developed a strong aversion against G4WL’s successor namely Microsoft store.

Whis you luck!

@Microsoft

If you want to know how to treat customers right, take a look to Warsaw in Poland and GOG.

My question is a bit obvious. I like AOE a lot but all my games are on steam , so. The game will be released only on the Windows 10 store but, will it be someday on steam? I mean, like half a year after it is released? Should i wait and see if i can buy it on steam some months later?

Or just buy it they day it is released on the windows 10 store. I want to buy it as soon as posible, but if it is going to be released on steam some months later I prefer to wait and buy it on steam.