[Merged] Will AoE: DE be released on the Xbox console(s)?

Without a mouse I feel like it will be more difficult to play efficiently. I am curious how controls and gameplay on the Xbox will be compared to playing on PC. I feel like the use of a mouse is important to the quickness of efficiently building up a defendable fortress.
Do you guys think Xbox will be as good of an experience as PC ?
What would be the best type of gameplay and controls on Xbox to get that same nostalgic feeling as when I was addicted to AoE

2 Likes

I was kinda worried about this too. I think that Xbox will be a little more difficult but I think they can make it good

You misunderstood the trailer, the game will be using Xbox Live services for multiplayer, but it’s a Windows 10 game.

No Xbox game, pc only game exclusive.

There is no Xbox AoE.

I have a Corsair M65 gaming mouse. I haven’t even attempted to program it. Perhaps I can work on that since an Xbox AoE is doa.

I am a Xbox player most of the time and would like to know if the “Age Of Empires” Beta will only be on PC or will it also be on Xbox. I did sign up for it and am hoping for the best, however would love to play it on my Xbox as whenever I thought of Xbox I would think I wish more RTS games where on it. Seeing as Age of Empires is one of the Top 5 in my book I was SO happy to see this at E3 as I grew up on 2 games Halo and Age of Empires, having played all of each. Sorry for rambling.

If and that is a big if I or others who have joined the Beta are picked, will we be able to play that Beta on Xbox seeing as we need Xbox Live to join? If yes well good. If no why?

I ask this Because there seems to be some confusion about this see as we need “XBOX” Live for the beta, and for Future Reference.

Yes by me the same…
I play Xbox and I have understand and hope that the beta is for Xbox.
On PC I can play the old version and on Xbox is first time that we become Age of empires…
I thing the beta is better for Xbox and not for PC

(Sorry for my English I’m from Germany)

The game will be only on PC. The established Xbox Live system will be used for the Multiplayer, I think. Since we’ll be using our MSA (Microsoft Accounts) to log in to the Windows Store to buy/play the game, gamertag integration will be easy and painless. I’m 99% sure the game is a PC exclusive, just using the Xbox network, if that makes sense :slight_smile:

1 Like

@RWNorthPole said:
The game will be only on PC.

Why ?
That game come from Microsoft and it give it on PS2?!
Why not on Xbox one?

PS2 age of empires Amazon.de

The game will be PC exclusive.

I hate console controllers and can’t imagine how you would select multiple units. What about micromanagement in a fight?

Probably because in all fairness these type of games dont work well on consoles, they might have tried it with AoE 2 for ps2 but I doubt it was a success.

@Zsombro said:
The game will be PC exclusive.

I hate console controllers …

Age of empires become Mouse and keyboard support for Xbox one…

@Zsombro As someone who owns and played AoK on PS2…very, very poorly. It was literally the PC game but you moved the mouse with your controller sticks. What a pain!
@Reddirrty I don’t know. I guess it would be too much work for too little profit. Why do all the extra-hard work to port it to Xbox, when you’ll have a big enough market on PC anyway? Consoles never were conductive to RTS games, unless some serious changes were made to the base formula - like Halo Wars. Besides, would they then link the matchmaking? PC Players would utterly dismantle Xbox players 99% of the time, unless you put a total noob against a pro. RTS games are just not meant to be played on consoles.

“Phil Spencer Gives An Update On Mouse And Keyboard Use And Xbox One”

“If they were smart they would prep up a release of Age of Empires to boot with it! I’d love to finally play a true RTS on a console!”

Source: http://gametyrant.com/news/phil-spencer-gives-an-update-on-mouse-and-keyboard-use-and-xbox-one

@Reddirrty said:
“Phil Spencer Gives An Update On Mouse And Keyboard Use And Xbox One”

“If they were smart they would prep up a release of Age of Empires to boot with it! I’d love to finally play a true RTS on a console!”

Source: Phil Spencer Gives An Update On Mouse And Keyboard Use And Xbox One — GameTyrant

Interesting idea, but the devs have already confirmed AoE:DE will be PC exclusive. Although maybe that might be just for release. Maybe.

Probably a bigger chance than game not using windows store, since xbox is all M$ can really think about.

This tweet let me think that comes to Xbox. It’s a real account on twitter.

the tweet is from Mike Ybarra ✔
From 2016…

“Age of Empires anyone? #Xbox”

source:

that let me hope… And by the way “Microsoft make commercials on a Xbox Press briefing for Age of empires” see it on the E3

(sorry again for my English. I hope yours can understand and read what I mean… I’m from Germany and I have English self learning and English not in the school…
I am very good at reading and speaking in English but not so good write in English

Halo Wars 2 is an RTS which was released to Xbox One and Halo Wars 2 back in February this year. The navigation menu is designed in such a way that it is user friendly on Xbox One and PC. Obviously PC players have more precise and speedy control with a mouse and keyboard compared to just a controller. There was talk of bringing mouse and keyboard support to Xbox One over a year ago but no new developments. If mouse and keyboard support finally did come to Xbox One, it would allow cross-play. In the meantime Halo Wars 2 players on PC can only play with PC players and Halo Wars 2 players on Xbox One can only play with Xbox One players.

@Reddirrty
I agree with you, lets hope the best. This game and the new xbox supporting mouse and keyboard would be the reason for me to grab the xbox one x.