Mexico is S+ Tier now + China still S+ Tier + Other Small Balance Updates

Salteadores start with 17 range and need two cards to reach 21 range, one of those cards is age 4 and costs 1000 wood and 1000 food. Salteadores have more damage than a skirmisher but less HP. if mexico does not revolutionize yucatan the fully upgraded salteador is inferior to the fully upgraded british ranger. I haven’t tried the “Jungle Warfare” card, the salteadores might be too strong with that card, but without that they are comparable to other skirmishers at most ages.

Soldados occupy two population, cost 70 resources more than musketeers, take 15 seconds longer to create, and two musketeers have the same HP and more DPS in melee, ranged, and siege. also being more, the musketeers can cover more ground. The great advantage of the soldado is that they can acquire area damage on all their attacks (0.5), a charged attack with an area damage of 1.5 and that their attack is enhanced with the flag. But the charged attack can be achieved only until age 4. Also, although the soldados are strong they can be defeated with skirmishers, cannons, grenadiers and some unique units, (by the way, the Aztecs suffer too much in treaty against the soldados, Cruzoob Infantry, Giant Grenadiers, Highlanders, and other similar units; Aztecs need military upgrades for late game.).

I make the clarification because after so many complaints the developers are capable of nerfing the salteadores, soldados, chinacos, flag and haciendas simultaneously and I don’t think that is correct.

1 Like

Lots of crap takes on Mexico in this post (mostly people that want to nerf it in absurd ways, like removing starting food), so i felt necessary say something, these are the tweaks that i think are necessary to mexico:

Chinacos:
Removed the national guard status bonus (the 10% more in imperial age for those that don’t get it)
Reduced their had cav multi from 1.25 to 1.20 (as now they do more damage to hussars than hussars do to them, which is BS imo, with 1.20 they would do the same damage hussars do, hell we can even lower it more so that it does the same damage as normal lancers do to hussars)
Maybe even a slight speed nerf to make them more similar to lancer’s speed

Salteador:
Restore their national guard status bonus (the 10% more in imperial age for those that still don’t get it)
Restore their stealth speed to 50% instead of the current 33%
Reduce their negative multi against vills from 0.75 to 0.9 (they do less damage than a skirm to vills, with this change they will do the same damage, if gurkha or dutch skirms, which both have more range than salteadores, are not a problem in age 2 i don’t see why salteadores are)

Soldado:
Possibly lower their HP to 250 from 300

Hacienda:
Bring its coin starting gather rate up to 0.34 to be on par of rice paddies like it is for food

Chinaco and salteadores changes are urgents i think, the others can be left out for a later time to see how Mexico fare in the meantime

2 Likes

But Mexico is only mid tier at best in 1v1. Why would you nerf their early game?

3 Likes

small clarification - national/ royal guard comes with the guard upgrade, not imp

and they both still have that, its that salteador has a nerfed imp tech that only gives 40% instead of 50%

Yeah, but i meant as national guard status the total 110% bonus from upgreades, as now salteadores don’t have that bonus while chinaco does, i want to switch that
For royal/national guard status i meant the fact that such units have the capability of being slightly better than other normal units when fully upgraded, not stopping only at certain upgrades

1 Like

The concept of the chinaco is that it is a cavalry unit that has a bonus against infantry but a draw against heavy cavalry. that’s why it has a bonus against heavy cavalry that makes the chinaco inflict more damage to a hussar than the damage a hussar inflicts on the chinaco, because the chinaco has less HP than a hussar. I share the idea that the chinaco’s problem is that the charged attack is too good.

I think it’s a bad idea. As I already mentioned, the soldado occupy two population and have the same HP as two musketeers and less DPS in all their attack modes.

Its concept is that it is good against infantry and is capable of holding its own against cav, which doesn’t mean being better than hussar at dealing with cav, if it had the same damage it would still be a draw since chinaco attack first because they have extra range compared to hussars, the reason it has the multi against heavy cav is to make so that it deal the same amount, not more…
Its charged attack might also be problematic, although it is an age 4 card and they are problematic even before age 4, but that doesn’t mean its multi aren’t the problem too, consider that they get to do nearly the same amount of british hussars fully buffed, which is absurd for being intended to hold their own against other cav instead of being anti cav

1 Like

Why would you want to take 50f away from USA? That’s an unnecessary nerf that’s a severe overcorrection against the 25w reduction for French immigrants buff that they got, and that buff just made the USA start more forgiving.

1 Like

If anyone decides to play Age 2 with USA and has half a brain you’ll see that they excel far too great. Still, Mexico and China are even more insane.

Well, like Lancers they are cav that kills infantry. Why use infantry to counter them?

I think the main issue here is not knowing game mechanics, dragoon unit type is perfect to counter any cav and Chinaco is not close to as tanky as heavy Hussar or French Curiss. Just make dragoon and chinacos are not a problem.

the issue lies in that lancers are gifted with being good against all infantry are then intended to be BAD vs all cavalry. mexico breaks that by getting a unit that kinda just straight up breaks even with anything in melee.

lancers, mahouts, etc. get trashed by other heavy cav and ranged cav so they keep the basic good vs 2 units, bad vs 2 units

this isnt to say that chinacos are immediately op or something, but the unit fundamentally gets too many advantages in comparison to other similar units

2 Likes

I didn’t complain about their performance against infantry, but they also counter or trade with hand cavalry. Chinacos should lose to hussar, just like garrochistas do, but they don’t, their multiplier and longer reach mean they attack first and have slightly higher damage than hussar while costing the same amount of resources, they even have a better split between food and gold cost, Presidential Lancers then elevates them further above hussars and makes pretty much all hand cav useless against them so only goons and something like dopps can counter them at all. Once a Mexico player builds a decent mass of them, you can’t really counter them any more.

3 Likes

18 plain imperial units. 3600 resources equivalent each. Chinaco 110food+90 gold, Hussar 120food+80gold.

Almost half of Hussar survive, honestly, I don’t understand how are Chinacos op vs cav. Your problem seems more of knowing game mechanics.

1 Like

Told you guys before, make dragoon units type to counter other cav?
Dragoons vs Chinacos, 3600 resources equivalent each.

1 Like

Well, duh obviously plain Hussars are going to win against plain Chinacos in Imperial since they have higher base stats so upgrades scale better, but then how do I get this without upgrades? Also if you’re going to do a test in Imperial age, then do it with HC upgrades, especially with presidential lancers.

2 Likes

It also doesn’t help that they can mix in Cuatreros that look extremely similar to Chinacos.

2 Likes

did you read what i wrote or do you just have to be right

1 Like

civilizations that have hussars also have cards that improve the hussars’ stats. So the result shouldn’t change much if Chinacos and Usaras have all their upgrades (in fact, stat boost cards benefit hussars more since they have better base stats). Also the chinacos are less effective against artillery than the hussars. on the other hand, in early ages it seems that the chinacos are too strong against cavalry.

I had the idea that the chinacos were better against the hussars than what the video shows. It seems that I was wrong, do you have any video where the chinacos compare against the hussars in imperial with all their corresponding cards? preferably a regular dragon like the Portuguese one and it would also be interesting to see how the aura of the flag affects the result.

I think the ideal is for the Chinacos to tie or nearly tie against a regular hussar and lose against the fully improved British hussar or equivalent.

The flag is very important since in treaty games it is easy to keep it benefiting the Chinacos (it is not very difficult to keep it active in supremacy either) and the damage increase can be +15% of the total damage and not the base damage .

There is also the video where it is shown that the chinacos defeat the hussars without any of the two having any improvement or card. if the mexican player gets the “Caballeros” card early, then there would be a period where the chinacos would defeat everything except ranged cavalry and very strong heavy infantry.