Microsoft, DLC for AoE1 please!

Another person who is afraid and denies the past, I am not surprised.
History is important because it teaches us not to make past mistakes. Erasing or censoring it is the stupidest thing we can do as a society.
I thought that this game and its community cared more about history than being politically correct.

4 Likes

Dude, this is a gaming forum, we’re here to talk about vidya.

3 Likes

Anyways the Celts in Aoe2 shoulda been in Aoe1 and a more medieval Scottish or Irish civ shoulda been in Aoe2.

7 Likes

Oh man, this probably felt so good back in 1998! (Rise of Rome trailer)

I never once saw an expansion/DLC for Age of Empires 1, I wonder what it would be like, considering I love this game so much. Normally I get very happy just with normal updates :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

The same goes for the Goths and the Huns - civilizations that were important only in the Dark Ages, but not throughout the Middle Ages.

3 Likes

I think there could be a completely new DLC that would replace the current civs and mechanics with those from the Dark Age - you just choose whether you want to play this expansion or AoE 1 - somewhat similar to Civilization VI and choosing on what rules it will be play (game base or DLCs).
It would be an in-game game.

I would propose the following DLC for AoE1: DE if they ever get around to it:

Barbarian Tribes (introduces a new “Northern European” architecture set)

• Celts (Northern European architecture)
  • Scythians (Northern European architecture)
  • Germans (Northern European architecture)
  • Huns (Asian architecture)

Ancient Africans

• Kushites (Egyptian architecture)
  • Axumites (Egyptian architecture)
  • Garamantes (either Egyptian or Roman architecture)
  • Numidians (Roman architecture)

Indian Rajahs (introduces new South Asian architecture set)

• Harappans (South Asian architecture)
  • Mauryans (South Asian architecture)
  • Bactrians (Mesopotamian architecture)
7 Likes

In a major update they could give two new civs - Iberians and Dacians.

Barbaric DLC - Germanians, Goths, Huns, Slavs and Celts

1. Africa and Arabian Peninsula DLC - Nubians, Lybians, Berbers (Numidians), Israelites and Arabs (Nabataeans)
  2. Asia DLC - Indians (Mauryans), Armenians, Scythians, Mongols (Xionghu) and Funan (Southeast Asian Empire)
1 Like

For not DE version people slowly working for mod Beyond the Indus Expansion

They choose Harappian, Funan, Mauryan and Vietnamese

I remember discussion from topics

Barbarian set

Gauls, Vandals, Scythians

Middle East Set

Mitanni, Armenia, Parthia,

Africa Set

Nubya, Numidia, Axumites

3 Likes

We need some love for AOE 1 DE.

8 Likes

Maybe 30 years down the line we can get an AoE1 with AoE2 DE graphics, mechanics and have new dlcs. I can only imagine how fun AoE1 would be with unique techs, units, castles and new civs. As far as Huns, Ima pretend this represent the Huns, White Huns, Avars and other horse archer civs.

3 Likes

NGL, I would love to see a total remake of AOE1, in the same sense that AOE4 is like a remake of AOE2. Have the updated features of the later games while keeping the prehistoric-to-antiquity setting.

6 Likes

I wish I had the know hows and the tools to make it happen. A part of me wishes it was also like Age of Chivalry with all the ways to play.

1 Like

Rise of Rome was an expansion

1 Like

Once more a Aoe 1 ‘‘remake’’? Aoe Online did something with assymetric civs and some rpg stuff.
They failed by mismanagement and choices to appeal the playerbase but if there is demand for more antiquity era… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

This would be 0ad then.

I think the first game deserves a complete remake; modern graphics, more historical and cultural accuracy and richness, as well as the other stuff!

5 Likes

I always preffered AOE 1 Graphic thn AOE II.

There are mod which gives new civilizations and units like heavy camel etc

3 Likes

AOE1 has a broader time scale though. 0 A.D. is mostly about later antiquity, whereas AOE1 covers the Mesolithic to Bronze Age and then onto the Iron Age.

6 Likes

They don’t understand, once AoE 1 is “dead” there is no comeback or Aoe 1 DE 2.0. When it’s dead it is dead. It already is dead. The multiplayer lobby is pretty much empty. Such a shame.

1 Like