Microsoft, DLC for AoE1 please!

The devs are macedons :unamused:

3 Likes

How about Age of Empires V be a total redo of AoE I?

8 Likes

With different art style than aoe4 then yes.

4 Likes

Going for a more gritty artstyle for antiquity would be a perfect move imo

2 Likes

Gaels instead of Celts.

2 Likes

Now I want the Celts renamed in Aoe2

Celts are fine,gales are celts.

Gaels is the more suitable Middle Ages name for the Scots and Irish.

1 Like

I think the developers are not interested in this game anymore. I do not count on any DLC anymore - in fact, even if it were created, the game would still be too little attractive at these times.

Hopefully there will be AoE 5 which will be the spiritual successor to AoE 1 - a better game.

4 Likes

AoE Online was a redo of aoe 1ā€¦

Exactly they should have released content for the game between 2018 and 2019,and not let it die while they made the aoe 2 DEā€¦for example with an expansion called ā€œthe limits of the ancient worldā€ and there they could add Celts,Indians,Huns and Nubians,correcting all the campaigns with their respective civs,in addition to adding 2 new campaigns: the Rise of Mauryan Empire (320-185 BC) and the Revolts Against Rome (155 BC-70 AD)ā€¦

1 Like

the Gauls are also Celticā€¦

Simply AoE 1 DE is unsuccessful. I think the best solution would be for the developers to immediately create this game on the improved AoE 2 engine.

DLCs ā€‹ā€‹wouldnā€™t improve the gameplay anyway. You just need a different game engine for the AoE 1 DE.

1 Like

Above all, nothing can be successful if no one cares and leaves it to its fate.

1 Like

This game is dead, Microsoft will not spent more money in it.

Yes, itā€™s like a sick person. First you donā€™t treat him and then when heā€™s dead you say, ā€œThe patient is dead. Itā€™s not worth investing any more resources.ā€

Edit:

Whereas - it is soon April. Iā€™m sure there will be another small update with hardly noticeable changes. Sorry.

1 Like

Sad the game never was really in good state, what annoy me beside the bugs that they never recreated the cheat units, it just a rushed and unfinished game.

6 Likes

There even the glitched armored ele animation that is present SINCE 2017 BETAā€¦

1 Like

Yes, one exampleā€¦

Yes,I think the same thing,it is very sad that,because I really like the Ancient Ageā€¦

6 Likes