[Minor Natives topic] Post here your ideas for every single minor natives so the devs can look at

I’m inspired today. One more:

JESUITS: Jesuit Mission | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

NEW TECHS

• Jesuits’ Mission Reductions (125c)​: Funding the goal of spreading the Jesuit missions provides planning, knowledge and reports of trading sites and native settlements. Also it allows your Conquistador to scout better.
    New Effect: For 8s reveal the line of sight of all native settlements, trading post sites and trading posts on the map. TPs are built 25% faster and Conquistador gain +2 LOS.
    Why:​ Focusing the lore of helping the colonization in their own way and the design of messing with buildings- Reductions is just a cheap/filler tech to enrich this Holy Site while keeping it clean and balanced.

The Reductions were Christian missions that extended successfully in an area straddling the borders of present-day Paraguay, Brazil, and Argentina. The Jesuits attempted to create a “state within a state” in which the native peoples there would remain autonomous and isolated from colonists and Spanish rule. The reductions achieved a high degree of autonomy within the Spanish colonial empire. (Jesuit reduction - Wikipedia)

• Jesuits’ Hidalgos (250w, 250c)​: The influence, money, pacts and heritage from nobility, make Conquistador having improved assets to unfold the new world.
    New effect:​ Conquistador gets +10% ranged armor and +1.0x bonus vs siege weapons.
    Why:​ Conquistador is an inferior version of Dragoon in nearly every possible way (more vil-sec, less damage, less hp) and nothing but stacking Native cards justify using him. Considering the role of anti-cav is jus too common, giving them more durability and improving the bonus vs siege weapons seems like one path to make them interesting and set them apart from Dragoons.

Some Conquistadores were born into hidalgo families, and as such they were members of the Spanish nobility with some studies but without economic resources. Even some rich nobility families’ members became soldiers or missionaries, but mostly not the firstborn heirs./ (Conquistador - Wikipedia & Hidalgo (nobility) - Wikipedia)

• Cathecism (100w,100c): Jesuits teach the recipients of the catechetical work, teaching the recovering of buildings and advanced medicine.
    New effect:​ Buildings are repaired 20% cheaper. Priests heal units 20% faster including those who are not idle.
    Why:​ Another cheap tech that may benefit at long run. I stacked two effects so any of those ones alone would be just too weak.

Catechisms are doctrinal manuals – often in the form of questions followed by answers to be memorised – a format that has been used in non-religious or secular contexts as well. (Catechism - Wikipedia)

• Former Armory (200w, 200c): Advanced armory from Conquistadores and soldiers in Jesuit Missions are available to your colony.
    New effect:​ Improvements from armory are 20% cheaper. Upgrades for gunpowder units, except siege units, cost 20% less coin.
    Why:​ I borrowed this from Age of Empires 2 (Spain). The Jesuits/spanish were always meant to mess with church, buildings and gunpowder.

I admit these last two techs make Jesuits too op but I just wanted to share my ideas anyway. I’m certainly moving at least one of those last two techs to another minor civ for balance purpose.

8 Likes