Mod Release: Italians speak Italian

I was playing AoE3 DE when I remembered the times I used to play the Napoleonic Era mod for that game, and I remembered that mod had the Italians as a playable faction, with unique voice lines, you can see where this is going, I ported those to AoE2DE and gave the voices to the Italian units. I wanted to contact the mod author to ask permission, but I don’t really know where, if anyone who worked on that mod wants me to take this down I will I guess.

For some reason I can’t edit the tags for my mod for some reason, and I don’t want it to get lost among all the custom civs mods, so I’m going to post it here, anyway this is copied from the mod description:

Makes the Italian units (villagers and military) speak Italian instead of Latin
Notes:
-Kings and Monks still speak Latin
-Some villager tasks use generic sound effects (for example there’s not a “miner”, “farmer” or “fisherman” sound, the villagers just say something like “ok” or “I’m going” instead) others like chopping wood or hunting do have specific sounds tho
-The Italian language is pretty modern afaik and anachronistic, but so is Latin, so pick your poison

Some of my other mods:
AoE3 Soundtrack in AoE2: Mods Single – Age of Empires
Lords of the West Main Menu Music: Mods Single – Age of Empires
AoE2 HD Main Menu Music: Mods Single – Age of Empires
Classic Main Menu Background (Originally by NkoDragas, art by Otto Osteras) Mods Single – Age of Empires
Halberdier to Heavy Pikeman Fixed (Originally by Belgun) Mods Single – Age of Empires

BTW if someone has a good source for accurate Gothic, Nahuatl (Aztec) or Maya voices that would fit AoE2 units, tell me so I can make a mod for them
For a similar mod for Byzantines speaking Greek I recommend “Byzantines Speak Greek” by Prokman I:

Dosent aoe3 have voices for aztecs and maya?

Civilization game series might have sounds that could be used.

Yeah but AoE3 Aztecs aren’t that accurate either, they are more accurate than AoE2’s tho, so I may make that in the future
Maya in AoE3 are a minor faction so they don’t have villagers

Have you tried contacting a community of learners of these languages? (r/GothicLanguage or r/nahuatl)

There would be this one for the gothic language, but it doesn’t work for me, maybe because it’s not updated … Mods Single - Age of Empires Age of Empires II DE - Real gothic language mod - YouTube

Good idea

That one uses awful text to speech Spanish, you’re not missing much