Multiplayer game goes laggy suddenly and doesn't recover until save and restore

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.34793.0 4597979 (I verified the file integrity with steam on both machines)
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

This is a new issue since the patch. I encounter it most often playing Deathmatch on Steam or LAN with another human player against Hard or Extreme AIs with Mongols. As a software engineer I know there’s a lot of things that can cause lag, but I strongly suspect it’s a bug for the following reasons:

1. It goes away if you save and restore the game, that strongly indicates it’s not some network or other computer issue just coinciding with the game.
  2. Stopping trade, deleting units, defeating players does not affect the lag, once it starts it will not stop until the game ends, no matter what’s going on in the game.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Multiplayer, Deathmatch, against Hard or better AI. Go Mongols and make lots of siege and mangudai. Lag starts about 15 minutes in (wall clock time). I don’t know yet if it happens with other civs or types of games.

I have a saved game from about 30 seconds after the lag starts, but it’s gone once you load it. Let me know if you want it.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The game has connection lag after a few minutes into the match, unlags, then freezes and disconnects in multiplayer