Multiplayer games freezes on Xbox

Been happening to me as well. I havent tried online games because i can’t get through a match against AI without it crashing about every 10-15 minutes or so. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but that didn’t seem to work. Makes the game ynplayable when you have to stop and save every 5 minutes to maintain your progress

I talked again with the team to remind them the importance of this issue.

4 Likes

Anyone tried to play the game recently? Is it still unplayable for Xbox players?

Yes, they are not doing anything, it s embarassing

2 Likes

Toujours pareil jeux injouable…

1 Like

We were hardwired for the 8-10 times this has happened.

usually about 20 mins into the game

1 Like

Thanks Felizon,

Could you let us know when the Dev team expects the game will be playable again for Xbox console players?

Best,

@Maarschalk I’m afraid I don’t have this information, sorry :frowning:

Hi Felizon,

I noticed there is an update for the game that addresses xbox performance issues, do you know if this update include a fix for the game freezing in multiplayer games as per this thread?

No , new release, old issue.

1 Like

J ai testé le jeux est toujours bloqué :confused:

Hello Felizon,

After a week not playing the game, I’ve just played a quick match 1vs1, on my Series X console with a wired cable connection.

The game froze at 14:55 mins into the game.

I do see changes made in the ‘task/build wheel’.
And I can see the unit build count again in the wheel, that’s improved thankfully.

That’s awesome, they are adding/fixing features for the game that doesn’t work, they also updated the Unfixed bugs page and didn’t mention Xbox problems at all. I really don’t understand this situation.

1 Like

Le jeux remarche ou toujours pas ?

Hello,

I’ve erased the total game once more, re-installed AOE 2 DE again on Xbox Series X.

The game version I have is
Version 101.102.43233.0
(#108769)

And after re-installing I played a quick match 1vs1 on Nomad and the game froze again (at 17:58), just like 100% of all game attempts in the past 2 weeks.

It’s disappointing this problem persists and doesn’t seem to be fixed.

1 Like

No it doesn’t work, it keeps freezing

I’ve just submitted another request and reported the problem on:
https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001706471

Perhaps you could do the same and help speed up the fix.

Thanks!

2 Likes

AOE support team replied with below e-mail reply.

Hi there,

Thank you for your message and for your report. I have forwarded the information you have provided to our Developers.

Currently this is a known issue, and our Team is working on a solution. Please keep checking game updates frequently for fixes.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Age of Empires Support

1 Like

Toujours pas de mise a jour ?

Hi! Same problem… in all single player mode the game Freeze… Any solution? I am playing with Xbox s.