Multiplayer Server Issues March 21, 2020

same problem for me!

3 Likes

the smae for me too, since yesterday

Yeah dead, on a Saturday too with no way of notifying Microsoft because nobody checks these forums

Je pensais être le seul… bravo

yeah the steam forums get more responses from devs… at least last night when i posted the downed servers they responded pretty quickly… steam guys speculating its something to do with HC

the way the servers are down more often lately aint great either, but ill give em the benefit of the doubt due to covid…

1 Like

Update from AU: Servers are online but all >4K latency. Hope they sort it soon

that latency is the usual indication that they’re down

Same here. Im from Argentina and Brzl server is down

How am I supposed to defend the realm of men if THE SERVER IS DOWN… smh

Game Version:

• Build 4426672
  • Platform Steam
  • Version 101.101.33315.0

Issue:

When either creating a Multiplayer Lobby or Joining an existing Multiplayer Lobby, the game goes to the blank-parchment loading-screen and then a pop-up appears that states “Could not create game. Error: Connection Failed” or (when joining an existing lobby) “Unable to join game. Error: Unknown Error”

Environment:

Windows 10 PC connected to FIOS internet connection by ethernet. While trying to begin game, web browser connects, Discord chat and VoIP chat remains connected, and other network-connected services remain working fine.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start Steam
  2. Start AOE2:DE from Steam
  3. Select Multiplayer
  4. Select Create Lobby.
  5. Either choose changes desired (e.g. friends only, 4 player map, EastUS servers) or go with default game/lobby settings.
  6. Select Create Lobby
  7. Observe the parchment-paper “blank” screen with the progress wheel at the bottom-right, followed by the mentioned error message(s).
1 Like

Have you found any solution to this i am having this problem myself.

I have the same problem but they don’t ■■■■■■■ care! how long do we have to wait to fix this blocker???

1 Like

Game Version: 101.101.32911.0 4395365

• Build (####)
  • Platform: Steam

Issue:

When playing a multiplayer, the game continuously lags to the point it is nearly unplayable.
This does not occur in a single player game.
Maps like black forest lag more then say coastal.
I’m currently playing on the lowest grafic settings

my laptop specs: DELL Latitude E6330
Processor: Intel core i5-3340M CPU 2.7GHz 2 cores
RAM: 8GB
Available Virtual Memory: 6.2GB
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
30GB ROM space left after install

they are by far great specs, but it is better then the required minimum settings for aoe2 DE

1 Like

Same issue here,
This happens only for the host of the game
(play 1v1 with a friend) --> huge lag after 10mn and unit doesnt respond while the game continue …
My friend can play without any issue while I can’t do anything

Have you a solution for this ?

1 Like

Have had exact same issue. Host of multiplayer games experience extreme lag to the point where we are playing at different timelines. Very frustrating as there is nothing online about how to fix this issue.

Same here. Running perfectly in SP, but unplayable in MP like this. Tried everything that I found so far in the internet.
Any further solution?

Ryzen 2700x
MSI X470 Carbon Pro
Geforce 980 Ti
16 GB RAM

Thanks everybody!

same problem here… even against AI on multiplayer 1v1 I get this extreme delay between commands. It piles up to 5+ minutes between commands. Never had anything like that. Tried on my PC and my laptop
PC
i5 2300
8gb ram ddr3 1333mhz
gtx 1050ti
hdd
edit: cable ethernet (120mbps)

LAPTOP
i5 8250u
8gb ram ddr4 2666mhz
mx150 (similar to gt1030)
ssd
edit: wifi (120mbps)

2 Likes

Having the same problem on both my and my wifes computers. If I host, she is fine but my game becomes unplayable. If she hosts, I have almost perfect play but the lag gets really bad for her. This specifically affects command inputs. Tonight after just two minutes it was a 15 second command lag. Stuck through a game we were winning once and ended at a 7+ minute command lag!!! Interestingly enough it also affected AI resignation. The AI resigned on her computer and then 7 minutes later it resigned on mine. The our unit locations and all other events were synced however.

1 Like

Having the same issue, its very frustrating. Four out of five games will do this. We play for 15 to 30 minutes, and then the a significant delay starts with units not following commands. The delay is anywhere from 30 seconds to what seems like five minutes.

Sticking with the match does not improve the situation, the delay just continues. So far we have only played against AI. Seems to happen all the time with two players against three AI with moderate difficulty. Sometimes the delay only affects the host, while sometimes it affects both the host and other player.

Seems to happen on all map types (water and without water). Please fix this, game is unplayable like this.

2 Likes

Same here for me and my brother. We cannot play anymore, issue has been going on for a month now. Please fix it fast!

1 Like