Multiplayer Server Issues March 21, 2020

I also have this issue. There is a lag of several minutes between giving a command and seeing a unit respond while playing multiplayer. This happens only for me and not for the other human players in the game. I have an extremely fast performance laptop and my internet connection is also very fast; the issue is a bug in the multiplayer game or their servers or something. If someone has a fix let me know; hope they address this soon.

Having the same issue as those listed above - minutes of delay between commanding units and actions being carried out. Was playing multiplayer with one friend in a 2 (us) v 3 (AI) random map match. I was host and my team mate had won the game and finished (according to voice chat) minutes before my game caught up.

CPU: i7-6700HQ
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M

No issues when I run the in-game benchmark and no obvious issues with network speed/connectivity.

Same exact issues here - became impossible to play after about 20 mins in - nothing responds to inputs until a very long time after

Same problem here in a multiplayer game against my friend +2 AI opponents. The lag only occurred for me as the host, while my friend had no issues. The lagging appeared after around 20 min and seemed to build up the longer the game was running: Initially the commands to units were delayed shortly until the game became unplayable a few minutes later.

Has anybody solved this issue?

System (Dell XPS 15 7590):
played with STEAM
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit
RAM: 8 GB DDR4, 2 x 4 GB, 2.666 MHz
processor: Intel® Core™ i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz 9. generation
Graphics: Intel UHD-Graphics 630
15,6-Zoll-FHD-Display
M.2-PCIe-NVMe-SSD-Festplatte, 512 GB
Killer Wireless 1650 2x2 AX und Bluetooth 5.0

Anyone get an answer, work around, solution?

Best I’ve found is to change the AI type to one of the older modes.

I have now switched on the “vsync” in the graphics settings. In my last multiplayer games I have not faced the issue anymore. However, I have to test again with bot opponents as well, to exclude that it is related with the AI.

I’ve been having this since like 3 days ago… nothing has changed on my end not PC nor ISP wise

Since I have changed to “vsync” I havent faced the problem anymore. Did that help anybody of you?

1 Like

For me VSync sadly makes no difference…

Nothing turned out to work to avoid this problem.

Even for LAN it happens. I’ve only played with bots.

Game Version:

• Version: 101.101.35584.0
  • Platform: (Microsoft Store)
  • Operating System: (Windows 10)

Issue:

When playing any multiplayer game with bots (any kind of AI), game laggs until it gets delay e.g. half a minute and more. For example with my friend i finished the game and he was playing for another two minutes within time 1 h (1.5x). This problem persists when playing alone multiplayer game versus bots. Weird thing is playing on even westus servers is no problem, almost no laggs. That means problems are the bots. Its sad, because for start, we wanted to train on bots. :frowning:

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

Just create multiplayer lobby with bots and play for 5 minutes, it gets unplayable very soon.

1 Like

i have exactly same problem. When playing with bots the game stops responding to commands, but other player sees it. You just “play” in different timeline, well actually you don’t play because you just keep clicking but villagers dont respond.

1 Like

Same thing here.

This is a consistent issue that’s been happening to a lot of players, a lot of times.
I have some friends that just feel regret about buying AOE2 DE because of this problem.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

Some topics regarding this issue:

1 Like

Game Version:

• Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  • Microsoft Store

Issue:

Neither my friend nor I are able to join each other’s private LAN lobbies. We simply get a message that says “Unable to Join Lobby”. We have adjusted all firewall port settings and ensured that our PCs can communicate with each other.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Create private lobby.
  2. Set server to LAN.
  3. Send invite to clan member.
  4. Error

THE SERVERS ARE DOWN

We are quarantined because of SARS-Cov2 and can’t even play AoE2-DE because the servers are down.

Microsoft, you are not helping us here… This is UNACCEPTABLE!

FIX THE SERVERS NOW!

9 Likes

I have the same problem. When I try to create a Lobby it says “Could not create game. Error: Connection failed.” Playing ranked games doesn’t work as well. :frowning:

all servers are red (high ping ) same like 24 hours ago !

What if… the server have a virus… oeh think about that.

But here also problems “Unable to create party. Error: Connection Failed”.
Same as yesterday.

Bump. Servers have been down for last few hours. Please fix ASAP <<<<<<<<<<