Multiplayer units animations lag

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #: v. 100.12.1529.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Multiplayer units animations lag. When playing an online game, I notice that the animations of the units are not as smooth as when playing an offline game. This defect can be seen even if I create an online game and do not connect with any player, but instead play against the artificial intelligence (AI). These “micro jumps” of the animations due to lag are aggravated during the development of the game, especially against human players online, producing very annoying delays (lag) although the quality of the opponents and my own are in the green zone. It certainly seems to be a problem with the Netcode of the game, which was already produced in the original version (2007) and in the Complete Edition of Steam.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS). (In ONLINE and LAN modes)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Create or join a game in ONLINE and LAN mode, against human players and / or against AI.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The online gaming experience would be of the same quality and smoothness as when playing offline. Note: As in all online games that I have played for years, in which there may be specific delays (lag), but in which the smoothness of the animations is constant and the same in offline mode and in online mode.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

Playing online with micro-jumps in the animations, whose sensation is the same as if frames were constantly lost with respect to the same game in Offline mode is annoying and incompressible in a game updated to 2020 and that should not have these quality problems with respect to the rest of titles that are offered in the current market of videogames. These issues, presumably associated with the game’s Netcode, might be understandable at the time of its original release (2007, I think), but not today.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

1 Like