My Hindustanis Nerf Ideas

That’s not really camel counter, only Mangudai with their machine gun reload rate are an exception to Camels. Even then Hindustanis are a hard matchup for Mongols.

Pikes are still a good enough counter against Imperial camels in a mirror matchup. +8 missing bonus shouldn’t be worlds difference.

Imo that’s a good mechanic as otherwise you’d probably need to go cav archers or xbow vs infantry until you get hc. I’d rather tune down the atk bonus vs archers a bit.

Yeah well we see that but just repeating it doesn’t make the argument better. These winrates are so arbitrary and oftentimes feature absurd results so any reason why all these need nerfs need to refer to gameplay observations. And then a lot of these claims lose their foundation.

1 Like

Nobody knows.
We are promised to get in game map voting system. It’s been a while. Just like roadmap, it is taking time.

1 Like

Ghulam is an issue for 1x1 match ups as it nullifies completely the only weakness that indians used to have, every single UU since DE is too cheap and dirt with gimmick mechanics, ghulam needs to lose its speed and reduce his blast damage.

As for team games their camels are even stronger than WK old imperial camels, as they melt knights faster than before, the attack speed bonus needs to go, we already lived 6 longs years with indians at the very top of team games, please don’t make us wait 6 more years until you fix this unit that breaks all other knight civs.

Sure Konnik/Hussite Wagon/Serjeant are too cheap/s

Both kill each other in 7 hits but Imperial Camel attacks faster so they survive with 64 HP. vs Halbs only with 28 HP left.

Also vs Hindustani halbs:

If we cut Halbs of Hindustani then:
The Imperial camel survive with 91 HP left!

2 Likes

A great balance suggestion.

All of those seem like great options because of the bonus carrying from dark age. If you kill that bonus, they’ll have a generic dark age and will be slower than many civs. I’d prefer the first suggestion as it makes their late game weak, makes them consistent with other civs labelled as a “Camel civ” and don’t get halb and puts them behind in the late imp siege war.

Why is everyone losing their mind over Hindustanis? Their win rates are nothing crazy and even their tournament win rates are completely normal. It’s not that they are Cuman at release like broken.

These nerf suggestions completely miss the mark.

1. They NEED halberdier for mirror matches, as @FurtherLime7936 pointed out, you can’t win against imp camels without halbs. Every other unit from the Hindustanis loses against imp camels (they don’t have arbs for example). This is also a little problematic for Gurjaras, because in mirror matches it is basically a race for who gets more camels out.

2. They NEED elite skirmisher. I read this suggestion on Reddit and I don’t know what this is supposed to accomplish. If they lost E.skirm you could absolutely stomp them in early castle age with just a few crossbows, you can’T expect to drop a castle as soon as you get up on higher levels. Making them rely entirely on Ghulam is a bad idea. Just imagine Aztecs or Mayans without E.Skirm.

3. Their Dark Age is not the problem. They have an identical dark age compared to incas, and a worse one than Mongols, Huns or even Franks. The eco bonus is nice but it isn’t broken.

4. They NEED Ghulam to be a good unit because they don’t have either knights or fully upgraded range units. Their infantry doesn’t have final armor. Please understand that Ghulam is their knight replacement, but from a castle.

If you struggle against Hindustanis try experimenting with longsword play or plain and simple double gold. They have nothing against xbow knight, because their camels no longer have bonus pierce armor, so if you take care of the camels every single unit from the Hindustanis dies hard to kights

1 Like

In post imperial Wars games with trade they counter every unit in the game. That is unfair.

Indian Camels makes knight useless. That’s fine. I like seeing Frank players cry.

I try to use infantry. Too bad, they have super hand cannoneers. Gillham beat champions overall as well. At least the huskarl can be beaten by champions.

I try to use archers. Too bad. Gillham kills them. That’s fine. Let them keep that. But the Gillham should be a little worse vs non archers.

I try to use siege. Too bad. They have siege engineers and hussar.

That is exactly the same for Incas or Byzantines though. Also post imp games with trade are still paladin + arb compositions where Hindustanis are vulnerable. Infantry in general has no place in team games, except maybe halbs.

They are. You can comfortably counter them with the militia line, even in castle age. You can easily outproduce them and also counter them cost effectively. They get absolutely demolished by anything cavalry (even light cav), and they are also vulnerable against arbs with a meat shield, because they take 2 damage as opposed to the huskarl 1 damage.

2 Likes

Where is this calculation from? Is it a website or something?

I’d think after the RMS and the TTL finished

1 Like

It is from the AoE 2 Database app
It’s a must

1 Like

From T90TL tournament:

2 Likes

Yea looks like they are performing along the lines of Chinese, Burgundians, Mayans etc. They are a great civ but not as overpowered as everyone claims.

@AlphaCreator727 do you have a link for that by any chance? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In late game with trade they are nearly unstoppable. They counter everything. There’s no holes in their tech tree.

They need to lose siege engineers. At very least. So something can counter them.

Looks like the AoE 2 Database App

1 Like

That’s a good guess. And a good time to change as well. If changes come with map rotation, then I think August 24.

This is actually a very concerning image. One civ (Gurjaras) has been checked out 115 times, while another is only 1 (Slavs), one is 2 (Bengalis) and one is 3 (Incas).

Burgandians and Poles have better win rate than 22 years old established meta civs Aztecs, Mayans and Chinese. That’s very surprising!

1 Like

Then they are the same as Huskarls

Remove the bonus vs archers instead, maybe increase the attack and give them eagle warrior armor if thats too big of a nerf

1 Like