My Main Preferred Teuton Changes(balanced to a degree and hopefully solidifies their identity) as well as a Lithuanian change

That’ll take further time to see, I’ll let you know

I’d need to see the game, but eagles are faster than archers - it’s harder to block with the stop function than it is to simply place an elephant in front of a moving formation for instance. Or a slower unit in general - mostly while moving in mind, it also depends on hitboxes and unit movement speed

Would be great if you can show us some actual example instead of your gut feeling tbh. Even at 1100 elo, can you pull the trick like 10% of the time? With 10 knights?

For hit and run to heal them with herbal meds? I’d say I could pull it off most of the time without the trick, but I’d say it would be pull off-able 90% of the time provided the enemy is actively chasing the formation of knights in terms of using the trick.

Would be great if you can provide some video evidence instead of words. Then we can investigate what went wrong for the chasing player.

I’ll try it out and either I’ll record it when I have the proper setup or I’ll let you know when Poop Lord uploads it to youtube

A 1500+ ELO game would be welcomed tbh, until then I have perfect faith that your argument does not work, or at least did not work at all in ALL tournament games (20+) and ALL personal games (1800+ ELO) I have watched. Therefore I have faith that your balance change does not work.

4 Likes

Fair enough - tho I will state that I’m very much against throwing out opinions just because one’s skill level is lower or around average.

The point is that at lower elo some things will work for a variety of reasons:

• lack of knowledge (eg: lack of knowledge on how to properly react to a trush, to m@a or a douche)
  • bad micro
  • low apm
  • sacrificing a lot of their lower apm to micro while everything else is going bad (I’ve seen 1k2 players laming boars and quick wall around while idling their tcs or having a lot of idle vills)
  • at low level most of the time it doesn’t matter what you are doing, it only matters if you are doing it slightly better than your opponent: it’s basically a contest revolving around who has the slightly better mechanics or is making the slightly worse decisions (and the latter, most of the time doesn’t mean anything: i’ve seen player get destroyed by an opponent with better mechanics even tho the latter made the worst possible decisions

The point of @GermanAttorney8 is that something working sub 1k5 (and tbh even at 1k5) has so many non game related variables (civ match up are not that important, build are really badly executed, micro/macro balance is not on point and so on) that it’s hard to believe it should be seen as something actually always doable when it comes to better players, especially when it is as microintensive as blocking units in castle age with an eco and the rest of your army to control

5 Likes