My Proposed Balance Changes

Yes I agree they should be weaker than them. Perhaps the tech tree should state “good in numbers” like the Steppe Lancer. There is an interview on the Forum from around the 2000s and you can clearly see that the Militia line or infantry in general had a different role. With 100 pop and no Bloodlines they were actually viable and pop efficient. With all the changes since then they suffered a lot and didn’t really get adressed.
In my opinion they are a “useful in numbers for most situations, good against nothing” unit. Maybe I’m just confused because the Barracks is the only building without a “power unit” but costs gold and there are civ bonuses that never get used. Back in original AoC Mongols used to be better than Huns because they had Champions

2 Likes

That is the problem with how the prefered map system and the whole mappool thingy works out and is criticized by me a lot from the beginning. The time when we had players trying all kind of maps were really good. But now we have players leaving the queue when the map is not arabia.

1 Like

okay but the fact is, that the prefered map system was widely asked for and lauded for being added. yeah some people don’t like it, but i can tell you that you are in the minority.

i don’t know if i would say they were pop efficient back then seeing as archers straight up murdered them.

i still think sanctity on aztec gone is a valid thing of thinking as for skirms and pikes for turks maybe skirms not pikes ?

1 Like

for now i’m just gonna role with the gold, HC, and Jans change. see how that works.

You buffed Howdah to being even stronger than pre-nerf Howdah. At most I’d return it to +1/+2 but +2/+2 is in my opinion a bit absurd.

1 Like

i mean what if they get the 20% longer lasting ressourcen on 15% faster mining the general buff for hc with ROF and 10% more acurasy and maybe e skirms

and aztec looses sanctity i think would be fair

1 Like

I am not opposed to having it, but how it is designed, since it basically forces everyone to play arabia and creates a culture where you chat mean messages to your op when you dont get arabia for him having another prefered map.

Honestly we dont need a mappool rotation, just seven very standard maps fixed and then you ban three and can replace your bans with any standard map you want to add instead.

Prefered map also should only trigger if both players have agreed on playing it and otherwise it wil be one of the overlapping unbanned maps by random. So you have the legitimate option to not favour any map and just say: I take all my maps I have not banned equally. You shouldnt be forced to ban arabia to play another map sometimes you just want random.

1 Like

Just a suggestion. I’m open to counter proposals.

Ok, but at least they weren’t straight up murdered by everything 11. Archers should be the counter to Infantry, but Infantry should be more viable than just Pikes.
Anyway I believe we are on the same side here, Infantry and especially the LS needs some love and your ideas are adressing that.

One idea could even be reducing the cost from 60f 20g → 50f 20g and changing Supplies -15 → -10. This could even extend to Infantry UU if you are very imaginative., although this would shake up the meta big time and a lot of people wouldn’t like that.

1 Like

Please. Stop. Saying. This.

“being an insta GG in every map except arena in one vs one is their identity” “having no viable answer to archers in their identity”

No. Turks sucks. They need AT LEAST E. skirm. Or a similarly efficient way to deal against archers. No eco bonus can make up for it.

And yeah, Siege Rams and FU HCA + Sipahai are great. Good look buying all that while you’re holding up against a Mayan

7 Likes

Can i get your honest opinion about my updates?

Thats why i think they should get e skirms maybe 20% long lasting gold maybe reduce their mine bonus to 15% and i think if they change the frame delay on CA and HCA especially with sipahi they should get more love

1 Like

They are not insta gg :stuck_out_tongue: I have seen Turks beating Khmer on Arabia with playing how you gotta play them in a totally nice game with players on equal levels. Turks are very cool and good.

Give them free ballistics with a uni requirement and their weakness to xbows is addressed without affecting their late game play style of keeping the deathball alive which eats every trash unit before landing hits dealing so much damage that is not replacable with relic gold. You need map control as turks and you need to be very careful but thats part of their:“With great power comes great responsibility play”

1 Like

Don’t forget that they have FU Cavalier and Hussar, Siege Ram and Heavy Scorpions. The tools are there, they just cost gold.Turks are a civ that leans more on the defensive side and FU towers can hold against archers until mid-late Castle Age. Some civs just have weaknesses, Burmese also don’t have good counters to archers with your proposed argument :thinking:

1 Like

Burmese have E skirms with full attack, plus onager. And elephants with incredible amount of PA. Plus, arambai outruns archers.

Cavalier for turks. That sound useful. Wait, my enemy has halbs covering their archers. No problem, I could kill them with my skirms… Oh wait. Other options proposed are gold intesive combos.

I mean people say “they’re fine” and claim for dree ballistics as well, a bonus that’s completely OP for any decent civ. That should givea hint

2 Likes

The general direction of many of your suggestions seems plausible but I think these include too many nerfs. I don’t mind what you proposed about Aztecs and Khmer but I don’t see a reason to nerf Franks, Chinese and Mayans. They already received some kind of small nerfs since DE and are very strong but fine imo.

2 Likes

Franks and Chinese got nerfed where?

Free ballistics is like free archer armour proposed for any civ :stuck_out_tongue: and its not op not more than free thumbring if you need the uni still which has less prority than xbow upgrade and bodkin arrow even thumbring.

1 Like

Yes, they need a similar efficient way, not the same way.
Meso Civs don’t have scouts to deal with Skirms in feudal age, they still manage.
Same should be achieved with Turks. Maybe remove the melee armor from Janissaries and make it pierce armor instead. They don’t really need the melee armor anyways, as Turks have free upgrades for light cav as meat shield.

Arbalest with Mayans/Incas/Aztecs, that sounds useful. Wait my enemy has Elite Skirms, and Siege. No problem, I could kill them with my light cav… Oh wait. Other options are very gold intensive combos.

2 Likes