My Proposed Balance Changes

I know. I’m saying maybe make their bonus not apply to their unique units? Also, as for the point about reducing their Siege Workshop costs, that can push their Siege almost to top tier.

True. We need playtesting to see how it goes.

They’ll become OP if you give them all those changes.

Janissaries have their high attack balanced out by lower accuracy but even this is nowhere as extreme as giving them Elite Skirmisher and gold that is not only mined 20% faster but also lasts 20% longer.

The Turks were given the faster gold mining because they lack good trash besides Hussar. It was given so that they can make the best use of their gold until it runs out. In other words, they got the gold bonus because of their reliance on gold. If you give them Elite Skirmisher, it kinda removes that reliance on gold… if you do both, it removes their reliance on gold and also increases the amount of gold they have.

If you give them ALL these changes, you might make them A tier… or almost S tier.

fair point

kinda true and they got bonus vs Siege.

It’s not just the resources saved, mate. You might also end up ageing faster. For example, what the Saracen market discount does is it lets you get your first market out sooner. Now, when you apply that to ageing up, you will age up before your opponents as you require fewer resources (exceptions of course are Byzantines for Imperial age and if your opponents got better skill).

That would be the Chinese, Aztecs, Mayans and Persians. Franks are good. I don’t know about them dominating that much, though.

@MatCauthon3 Also add Silk Armor +1/+1 armor instead of only +1 P armor, seems almost everyone agrees, explanation below.
Poor Tatars, always overlooked.

1 Like

and? the civ clearly needs something. they are terrible right now.

no one said they get all, these are just proposals.

elite jans do 22 damage, which is only 5 more damage then hand cannons (who get +10 vs infantry), but have 15% lower accuracy.

its literally less then 30 food saved per age. that isn’t going to be a huge change in how much faster they age up

Franks played 25 times. 15 wins and 10 losses. furthermore on the ladder they are the top civ winrate wise.

poor tatars, buffed twice already and already in my proposed balanced changes. but clearly overlooked.

the devs aren’t overlooking them, stop your gross exaggerations.

Yes and they also have +1 range, +1 melee armor and +6 HP. At longer ranges, the accuracy is meant to reduce. Janissaries Vs Hand Cannoneers? Janissaries are better if you are fighting a wide range of units. Hand Cannoneers are better against exclusively infantry armies… which I don’t think is very common. While it is true that Hand Cannoneers do 5 more damage vs Infantry, sending an army of infantry to fight Janissaries is suicide unless they’re Huskarls/Eagle Warriors/Condotierri… or maybe Samurai. These are all exclusive/unique units.

You’re more likely to have an enemy send Skirmishers, Paladins, Onagers to fight Janissaries. In all these situations, the Janissary outperforms the Hand Cannoneer. Onagers are tough but at least you are not outranged as a Janisssary.

maybe the devs will consider ONE of the proposals.

they also cost more and require a castle, it only makes sense they get better performance.

doesn’t change the fact that their accuracy is trash compared to the hand cannons.

for a civ that never sees use? hopefully more then one.

I am a bit surprised that the Magyars never feature in balance lists. They have struggled the past several patches. My recommendation would be:

• Remove the villager kills wolf in one hit bonus since it is useless with wolf spawns dropping
  • Replace with +10 villager hitpoints
  • Cavalry attack 10% faster
1 Like

magyars are getting a bit of a buff though.
cav archers being better makes them better.

1 Like

Maybe - I mean they already have the best CAs alongside the Turks. That being said, they have consistently been bottom five in win rate the last few patches I believe so think they need a bit more love than many of the other civs on some of these balance changes. If the frame delay changes makes that big of a difference then there are going to be larger issues with civs that have better win rates that use FU CAs

Like Byzantines need no buff tbh - though I don’t think free town patrol is super meaningful either

haha! i didn’t see to much of these balance changes forums, so i was compiling my own stuff, i don’t wat to clutter the forums though so i’ll say some thigs

portugese team bonus is too classic to remove

koreans are bad partially because you don’t know how to play them, i don’t know korea history, but buff one section of units and the koreans should slightly improve

also, finally someone brings up the franks!
top tier civ that has been ignored for ages

the pros don’t know how to play them either huh?

https://aoestats.io/civ/Koreans/RM_1v1/1650+

1 Like

i believe the more open arabia should help Magyars, especially with their early scout agro.

2 Likes

i don’t follow up on tounaments, but i’ll assume your saying that they DO know,

well i was playing and it was confusing for me, and im worried for other casual players

also, make paper money cost only wood
maybe some food
and maybe free archer attack upgrades for vietnamese?
(might make ships O.P though)

i also like the longer gold change for the turks, however i don’t like adding more trash to them

Wouldn’t be easier just a pure land buff to fix land game only? Like free archer armors, or -50w for military buildings. I also proposed to change the fishing ship discount (currently-11w) to: archers and fishing ships-10w. Btw 20% cheap age up from 15% is almost negligible on land…

Maybe all, but one of them is necessary. Either turks get a trash unit or a different gold access. Maybe both is too much… I would like to see a market bonus, like +5g per selling…

here is the thing, Italians already have 4 bonuses on the civ, so trying to squeeze in more is a hassle.

1 Like

I am just wondering what is the easiest thing. Adding one bonus or changing the current ones… not sure tbh

Sometimes, I may forget civ bonuses if the civs have too many bonus. I hate to read the tech tree over and over again while I am playing.

aoe didnt really have teleporting drop offs, suicidal UU, UU that turned into a 2nd UU and a bunch of other things that were added…

so why not just give archers 100 bonus damage vs infantry if you’re so intensely hard set that archers should absolutely hard counter them??

teutons say hi… number of bonuses is nothing

2 Likes

I do agree with @MatCauthon3 that active abilities would make AOE2 less enjoyable, if that’s what he meant to say (it’s not what he said). I like AOE because most of the units still fight somewhat well even when they’re not being microd (leaving more room to focus on other things).

Exactly. Unlike other rts games, aoe2 has never had those type of abilities like you see in warcraft or starcraft. And despite that its still a great game and this is a huge deviation from tgat. I understand some may like the idea but I can’t see much of the playerbase being excited about drastic changss to the game.balance changes and new content is one thing. Entire design overhaul? Not so much.

If I wanted to play a game with those types of things I can aby time I want. There is no reason to go changing aoe2 into warcraft3 or starcraft 2.