My Proposed Changes for the upcoming balance patch

that is true, however i’d rather focus on civ balance over each and every unit being usable first.

wut about huskarls? they clearly weren’t meant to beat hussars comfortably.

yeah because they had hussars affected with relic bonus, it don’t make sense now

in terms of gold units, they’re one-dimensional unless you consider monks

that is an unfortunate downside. i didn’t say my ideas were perfect, just my ideas.

thats why its more practical to give scout line a new armor class and give militia line bonus vs that class

:heart_eyes: SORELY NEEDED

:pleading_face: MUST HAPPEN

Think +1 base attack to EA, Elite EA could be better. It’s not like people will go for Elite Dumbo Archers when the regular EA’s themselves are much worse than War Wagons while costing more, and more easily countered.

tumblr_oorrakZ7qh1w4o831o1_540

But Im sure the devs won’t do anything…

2 Likes

i’m fine with that too, i just didn’t want to make more work.

You’re proposed changes are amazing, I wish to see them happen. Like absolutely ALL of them.
Even the Huskarls killing LC is not a problem i think.

You forgot necessary buffs to Karambits, Condottieros, Shotels (outside of anti Scout bonus) and Ballista Elephants and MISSIONARIES, FLAMING CAMELS!!

1 Like

I am curious to know people opinion on:

• University and university techs are 40% cheaper.
  • UT can be researched in the university
  • 10% hp for navy becomes the UT (the cost should be reduced). +1/1 armor become the civ bonus

Basically a university civ theme

I personally would prefer a bonus that would give their xbow line only +1/1 armor, stackable with pavise (similar to teutons/malians bonus). I think it’s more balanced since you don’t save the resources of the upgrades (since italians already save with the age ups) but they would finally have a unit above average and a bit unique.
Though, I’m fine with free armor too.

Don’t see why, 10% it’s already enaugh in my opinion.

I’m fine with it, but shipwright should be removed, otherwise you would have TS that cost the same wood of a galeon.

Probably the second one is the best.

Strongly against it, they already deal with archers well enough, buffing catas when bizz should go for paladins doesn’t make sense to me.

The long term reward for investing in it is potentially infinite, and it repay itself after 10 militias.

Champs already win vs hussars, I don’t see why they should perform better.
Also, consider that a lot of other units and UU have bonus vs eagles, so the scout line would take a lot of bonus damage from a lot of units, even pikes would deal +1 more damage, they would become basically useless.

For all the others (less TT for GC, buff to the gold and wood discounts and so on…) I agree, or I’m fine with it.

Though, I think that if the next patch will follow the ETA of the past ones, at this moment is already being tested and probably it’s too late for new suggestions, if they will ever consider the balance changes.

And 6x the gold cost, it doesn’t break them

3 Likes

Yes, but also almost half of the wood, wich is a huge discount even if cover only one resource, it’s even more OP if you consider that usually wood is more important than gold for castle/early imp.

Considering they currently enjoy a 35% wood discount and we rarely see Koreans on water and even rarer to see ts I’m not concerned

3 Likes

They currently enjoy 20% wood discount from Shipwright and 15% from civ bonus and we barely if ever see them. Another 5% ain’t going to break the bank

2 Likes

Just increase the base wood cost if this is an issue as for the ww

We rarely see koreans in water maps, because people are afraid of going out of the meta. Personally, I saw them quite often since the last map pool, maybe because some pros used them a lot lately, especially in bog islands, and that finally pushed some people out of the meta.

If you buff the disc. from 15% to 20% it’s not just an increase of 5% after researching shipwright in late imp (which already alone it’s a lot), it’s also 5% more wood saved across all ages, your TS would cost less since castle age.
To put it in prospective, it’s the same discount that vikings get in imp, but across all ages.

Except it only applies to wood. Gold is unchanged

1 Like

What is the problem? Galley or just TS?

Yes, but saving that much wood across all feudal, castle and imp is a more powerful bonus.
It’s more versitile, it isn’t just more ships, it’s more docks, fishing ships, farms and overall a better eco, that alone is enough to justify the remove of shipwright.

On top of that, when you are spamming TS in late imp, 5% less wood can make the difference.

Also, vikings, while having a good UU, doesn’t have a ship with a ratio of 1:3 with galeons (1TS is roughly equal to 3 galeons) that suddenly cost as much wood as a galeon.

It’s the overall balance of koreans. Even right now they aren’t a bad water civ, they just need to be played a bit differently.

If you buff the discount to 20%, you would trade the faster ship production (54%) for a better discount (still 20%, but across all age, shipwright comes into play only in late imp).
In my opinion, that is balanced, and if it’s not enough, koreans would also save 1000f.

As for TS, it would simply be too easy to spam them in late imp.

I missed the change when you can research Shipwright in castle age then