My Proposed Changes for the upcoming balance patch

a whole 1 extra pierce armor. the civ was sitting sub 40% winrate before the buff.

and wouldn’t be nearly as cost efficient, which is literally what carries the civ as is. again. Lithuanians have literally NEVER broken 50% winrate at the highest level. by increasing the cost, you reduce the cost efficiency. making the civ weaker as a whole. which means winrates go down. they are sitting at 47% winrate right now. and 70 food and 60 gold is expensive to a civ that doesn’t get much in the way of eco bonuses, and is LACKING the final gold upgrade.

1 Like

Yep, but none of this civs dont have +FU Skirms and Almost FU Halbs.
Bulgarians have Hussar and Halb, but their Skirm is weaker.
As well as Burmese.
Or Slavs.
Malians have superLC, but they have only Pike and also weaker Skirm.
Even Byz, Persians, Magyars and Malay, “Trash-Civs” have always some trade-off. Only Spanish have all trash FU, but all is generic.

But with relic bonus for Hussar, Liths will have FU Hussar with bonus, FU Skirm with bonus and Halb lacing just 1MA and with bonus.

2 Likes

Anyway I think their Unique Unit still should carry them (like Mongols) but they definitely need some changes. Pro players have already reported that Leitis kills everything and they will be nerfed most likely. I really hope they won’t be overnerfed and devs won’t nerf the relic bonus.

1 Like

just to put this into perspective - here are the only other civs not getting the final gold upgrade.
Goths - who get massively discounted infantry
Italians - who save on dock tech, aging up, fishing ships, and gunpowder units (15% or more for all of the above).
Mayans - whose resources last 15% longer, start with an extra villager, and save 10-30% on archer units.
Portuguese - who save 15% on units.
Spanish - who save gold on blacksmith upgrades.
Teutons - who save a ton of wood on farms, meaning they can invest more workers into gold.
Vietnamese - paper money, eco upgrades cost no wood, and archers all have extra health, meaning they last longer.

Lithuanians literally have one of, if not the worst eco in the game overall.

oh i agree, its probably going to get hit. i just don’t want to see Lithuanians in the basement again.

2 Likes

btw I’d give Malians Bracer, Galleons but lose Arbalest and Fire Ships.

1. They would have better skirms and their arbs are useless now
  2. Their Unique Tech wouldn’t be useless
  3. They would have good potential on water (people don’t like water meta for some reason)

It’s a Mongol-like bonus. Not bad but disappears really fast and don’t have the biggest impact in the game. Obv. you will go up a bit faster

While I do agree with that in the Imperial Age, when the game starts, Lithuanians have effectively 3 extra guaranteed Vills, or a faster Feudal, or 2 extra Militia + change.

The +150 Food bonus is great, if you know how to use it early on.

In Imp, however, Liths wil just be mass-producing Trash and Paladins/Leitis, so they will not need that much Gold anyway.

yes, but were talking about with regards to the Leitis, and the overall balance of the civ. Lithuanians were a basement civ before the buff.

great, so we can take away gold shaft mining from any civ with a heavy cavaly unique unit or paladin right?

Paladins don’t need that much gold? I always have 50 on gold with Gold Shaft Mining (TGs)

Malians are not supposed to be a Water civ, and they already have great Land play with their Chamskarls, Pikeskarls, Super LC and Super Heavy Camels.
Malians are mostly a Melee civ, and are quite dominant at it. They are currently the top 1 civ for 1650+ ELO.

I do not think they need any changes, and being weak on Archers and Ships fits them.

Any example?
TheViper once said that Konniks were too strong even after december patch, and It didn’t changed anything

If you give them Super Trash? Sure!

so go ahead and propose a counter-buff to keep Lithuanians at least reasonably balanced after you nerf their UU. they were sub 40% winrate before the buff to Leitis.
they are currently sitting at 47% winrate at the highest level. were 49% last patch.

“Pikeskarls” don’t have damage output. Pro players say that Malians are a terrible trash civ even with Farimba. I’d always counter my opponent’s Hussars with my Farimba LC in the lategame. Against Paladins I’d use Heavy Camels. I don’t care about the ranked winrates because: 1. The maps are ■■■■. 2. Pro players don’t care about ranked.
Tournaments are the most important in this case. Did you see Malians in HC3, NAC?

They still do well by winrates.

Even if you take into account all ELOs.

Nicov did it. (20 characters)

Where is the proof?

I mean just because one said that probably won’t change anything.

Practicly in every TG with Viper what I saw, when someone have Liths, Viper was talking they are too cheap, no matter he was them or oponent.

like i said, i fully expect the Leitis to get nerfed.
i’m hoping that nerf doesn’t dumpster fire the unit or the civ though, but i’m fully expecting it.

1 Like

I wish they do not get nerfed.

I like the pavise idea more

That’d still need Italians to be used in teams which is still rare