Nerf caroleans? A little too absurd? V2

That is just bad and revolt even after buffs is still bad :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright here I bring a different perspective to dealing with caroleans and bear in mind that after playing with an open mind against any swede. I’ve won some games prior to them reaching industrial as Russia but mainly I was able to take that fight before they got industrial

Here in **GAME 1 ** you can see results as to why I understand having better range for strelets can be a better option rather than nerfing swedes to the ground. In Game 1 I was in a close position where close to the 1st short video in this post where I have to use a skirm unit to kill carolean and in this one it got even worse as the guy had mamelukes. Please understand that russia has no unit beside canons with more than 14 range leaving them weak. And canons play leaves you with slow army comp plus having to wall if you want to effectively use them

Game 1

Game 2

In the 1st short video about this post I had posted I’m showing why strelet need range and/or why caroleans need nerf. You may see a difference in just being age behind and trying to do the same stuff kill caroleans with skirms

This is the 1st short video

Having seen these videos you can notice a couple of things.

1 - Russia strelets can’t really fight being 1 age below against caroelans which are musk but they really got near to no chance
2 - With any civ that has a skirm type unit with more range [ As shown in the video of GAME 1] than carolean then they are demeed to do well it is just that you need to be able to kite them which as russia you can’t as Strelet 14 range and Caroleans 15 range @.@ And they really become monsters by Industrial

After watching and analyzing I feel like nerfing Svea lifeguard and mamelukes will leave Swedes in a hole and I for one just want balance above all. You could say that they have Jaegers but that’s not a reliable card nor unit for its cost. It is a good unit don’t get me wrong but any other skirm with same range or a good fight with a couple of canons and Jaegers go poof. Have to keep in mind that it is a bigger investment to invest in Jaegers than it is to invest in normal skirms while they pay off might not be as big

So it will leave swede with a close problem like Russia where they will lack range to fight some comps And have to rely on canons a slower army comp. Sometimes you might be able to use Jaegers but as explained might not be as good to use.

The main Idea of the 2 videos where I show the same strat but with different results one being properly done and the other one where I miss can show that Swede does have big flaws and nerfing on what is useful could lead to bigger flaws that would require different approach. I would definitely like to see infinite mamelukes go away or lifeguard bur rather than that as the post is mainly asking for a nerf to carolean vs Strelets I believe Strelet just need more range and I feel like 16 or even 18 range by fortress does not break the Strelet unit as any skirm would still effectively kite if they wished as pull trick is something that exists in this game. But it would allow strelets to deal better against what they are supposed to counter which is Musks/Lightcav

If the nerfs for swede go trough I feel like they will need to enable skirms for them

3 Likes