NERF COREAN

COREANS ARE BROKEN NEED BALANCE, NERF NEEDEED: STONE WORKRATE WOULD BE REDUCE TO 10%, FREE BLACKSMITH DEFENSE WOULD DISAPEAR, 20% COST OF WOOD WOULD DISAPEAR

NOPE!!!11111111eleven

11 Likes

Sorry for lost game vs Koreans 11
Don’t feed this troll please.

Wait for Cheshirewig and soumexican jerking opinion about Koreans, then the new equalizer alt account to drop another pointless balance suggestion 11

4 Likes

if you dont think they need balance you are blind

1 Like

They need ofc (replace the wood bonus with a proper eco bonus, give them BF, reduce the attack of WW in castle age a bit), then they are fine.
But your balance suggestion is like a mad lost player, stone miners workrate is fine, free archer armor is fine and needed.
whats’ your elo, like 700?

1 Like

https://aoestats.io/civ/Koreans/RM_1v1/1650+

At high level and overall i dont see high win rates or something that shows me that this civ is too strong. So i have no idea why you are screaming for a nerf and make claims like

without any proof of Koreans indeed being overpowered.

I got the feeling you just lost hard against Koreans and therefore now ask for a nerf. I would have an advice for you: Get better in this game.

3 Likes

Honestly, korean is just fine. They dont have good eco. 20% wood discount excluding siege doesnt help.

2 Likes

You nailed it man. 11

1 Like

If you’re gonna suggest balance changes for the Koreans you should at least know how to spell Koreans first.

1 Like

TBF Koreans need a small nerf on their war wagons. Their all in is problematic just like the old double castle arambai was

yes, a small war wagons nerf - but the rest of the civ is just not good and needs something.

2 Likes

I think their free archer armor can be replaced with some specific archer line bonus. Free armor is what made WW so powerful. Before that it was a strong unit but never felt like OP.

I personally thinks faster moving archer won’t be too OP for Koreans if it replaces the free armor. It can be -

1. Archer line moves 5% or 10% faster in all ages.
  2. Archer line moves 5%/5%/10% faster in feudal/castle/imperial age.
  3. Archer line moves 5%/10%/10% faster in feudal/castle/imperial age.
  4. Archer line moves 5%/10% faster in castle/imperial age.
1 Like

Can’t agree with this one. People just started to figure out how good they really are after playing them more and more. It just isn’t a classic strat that people have known for a long time.

I mean it surely helps their WW even further but in my opinion the problem is the wood cost.

They were not OP in HD because Koreans never had that wood discount on military units that was introduced with DE (-15%) and then even got buffed about a year ago (to -20%). If the base cost was readjusted everything would be fine again. I’d throw in something like base cost should be 125W, so they would cost 100W after the bonus.

game is broken from a balance standpoint

1 Like

when you play with different then standard settings of course the game is going to be broken.

3 Likes

Maybe you’re right. But they didn’t feel OP (at least not immediately) when the discount added. After the free armor bonus came out, double castle WW in arena became a thing. Maybe it is a combination of both as the discount increased further 15% → 20%, and I personally think free armor contributed more.

Play a few games with the Koreans and you will see how to counter them

1 Like

Koreans need to be buffed.

1 Like

lol, I was thinking the same thing

It is. But in my eyes balacing the cost of the WW is way easier than changing the entire civ bonus.

Also agree. They could need some kind of eco bonus. It would be historically accurate if they would get some kind of a research bonus. To just suggest something I’d say “Town Center technologies are researched 100% faster” (Loom, Wheelbarrow, Hand Cart, Town Watch, Town Patrol)

Edit: maybe 66%, if 100% is too much