Nerf Humbaraci!

That is certainly a good thing. But i don’t expect that from devs. Also they nerfed stuff like aztec ERK, Chinese repelling volleys, Inca huaraca, those civs are more famous for early to mid game strength and are weak already in late game. But they continued nerfing them. And ottoman/ethiopian are already pretty strong in late game but recived buff. As you see there is no clear pattern the devs are aiming to balance late game.

you know i never called them op right? I just said that considering that a weakness of grens is cav in melee the HP helps

Neither did dansil for that matter - he just gave their strengths

and this point doesnt matter either, in a mixed formation the jobs of the grens is not to fire back at the cav attacking them, their job is to deal damage elsewhere and if they can take a hit longer then thats better

In a topic called nerf humbarci, you lot drop all the pros, none of the cons. Then when I add the cons…there you both are theory crafting the hell outta 25 hp. And you want me to wait to see you drop the letters OP exactly and ignore the bs fountain till then.

Yea, I see how you fumbled the scenario into grens killin cav.

As far as I can tell this game is on the back burner and they have someone’s kid brother doing the updates.

You seem to change stances whenever it suits your preference. I think it is very disingenuous.

And a little bonus

All grens suck either standard or humbaraci.

Humbaraci can be a bit easier to use because of more range and more speed but they’re better vs buildings and artillery and quite a bit worse vs infantry due to much lower aoe. Both get wiped out vs cav and vs any decent player you’ll lose to light infantry or just a few hussars. They’re also very expensive and don’t really trade well vs anything, like good luck fighting artillery with your 16 range and no siege resistance.

1 Like

nothing about these perspectives is disengenuous because im comparing directly the relative hp of the units. Armour scales exponentially so I specified the ranged hp of both units. Higher hp is always better for generalist units. When I compare disciples to pets its because they’re different unit classes that grant the biggest advantages. Not sure what makes that remotely related to grens and humbaraçi, much less being misleading.

If you can have a short ranged unit with 300 hp and no armour and one with 150 hp and 50% ranged armour, the 300 hp one is better vs 2/3 of dmg types and identical vs ranged. its really not complicated. The 300 hp unit performs better in multiple situations. Humbaraçi are quite a bit worse for ranged hp in age 2, definitely - they scale pretty hard to line up nicely with Russian gren while always being better against siege dmg and melee dmg

also to mr grumpy above, goodness gracious i never called them op, i just listed the advantages they have over regular grens, which was the question asked. both units are mediocre most of the time, humb are just handy because they snipe artillery quite well while not being countered by culverins or ranged cavalry. The small aoe is a noticeable disadvantage until you research the arsenal tech.

2 Likes