Nerf rams

Ram rush is way too strong.

Move to castle and buff or nerf durability.

7 Likes

Rams are quite defendable. Moving them to Castle age makes them totally useless.

13 Likes

The rams should do the same damage, but you should be forced to actually use the ram shields to be protected from arrows. Now you can just place your units outside the ram, and you are protected from arrow fire because the ram is a magical arrow magnet. What spells are this ram using? Are there an invisible wizard hidden inside?

6 Likes

Rams should have to have some minimum (5?) number of units in them to work properly.

2 Likes

Ram seem perfectly balanced to me, if it was that strong, we should have see a lot of ram all in in the Genesis qualif and what we saw was Fr pure knight with some archers

1 Like

A ram need research technology with arsenal and 300w to build one…and their siege is normal only.
If you let your opponent build one but you still don’t have enough army to defend, seems is your problem.

If ram is put to age 3 or nerf, the game period will be elongated and we need to play a only game with more than half hour or more. The game period is too long already now and most game prefer turtle until late game which is not good.

1 Like

I like rams in Feudal. It was a bother in AOE2 how much was locked behind Castle age, it made Feudal feel dull that you could not even get a ram.

3 Likes

10/10 need nerf.

At least in aoe2 Rams can be upgraded twice.
In aoe4 - no upgrades and rams are the same as in the Imperial, so it’s too OP in feudal.

PS or may be allow TC to target units, and everything will be fine, but now Rams are OP.

3 Likes

While I think that the rams HP should be lowered somewhat in Feudal, it is much more important to be able to direct with the TC what targets I can target.

1 Like

They’re totally fine, with a couple of troops you burn them down quick and easy.

This sounds like an English longbow spammer complain.

6 Likes

I’m not sure about the balance, but regarding the cost: the defender in a ram push has usually invested in defensive structures. That’s why you bring a ram. So I don’t think the defender is always ahead in terms of army.

Yeah, I have to say I both agree and disagree. I would much rather have a buff to castles rather than pushing rams to Castle though. The small trickle of constant ram spam by the AI IS annoying though to be sure.

I think a big part comes from the magic arrow attraction. Makes it hard to fight off nearby military with buildings.

1 Like

Rams are perfect as is. 300 wood and even villagers can take them out if you’re not careful. WIthout rams in feudal age everyone would just do a safe and easy 2-3 TC boom every game.

3 Likes

They look ugly compared to AoE2 rams. Buff their appearance. Maybe nerf their stats.

This is completely feasible. If you allow your opponent to accumulate 300 logs and develop related technologies, but you are unprepared for town defense, it only shows that there is a problem with your detection or defense, not a problem with Ram.

1 Like

I’d say lower the damage but have the damage be about the same when attacking a gate. And maybe small increases in cost and build time.

this is the problem

we should be able to choose what our buildings shoot at

i still can not believe more people arent complaining about it… it will alleviate so much of this ram issue

7 Likes

What is especially annoying about rams is that you cant manually target something else with your TC. “Great” innovation there taking away control from the player.

3 Likes

You can, select the building and right click the unit.
Use shift+right click to select multiple units and the keep will ignore the rams as long as the units you clicked are alive and in range.