Nerf Spanish on Nomad

I’d be for switching arena stone walls for Imperial palisade walls of some kind.

I thought that Spanish already had their faster vills disabled until after the first tc?

Stop. Weve proven this isnt true. With facts. Weve proven its not even a game mode in 1.

A false opinion that facts deny though.

Just because clowns might prefer nomad over other commonly played maps doesn’t mean it’s a clown map. It’s really not. Fast feudal water is the best play most of the time btw.

3 Likes

What if all the civ bonuses only apply once the TC is built? That way not only Spanish but also Persians and Malians can’t make use of their bonuses, leveling the field for random civs/more viable civs than the established ones?

1 Like

persian bonus would still be good, malians not so much

1 Like

But it would still be delayed no? You would get the 50 wood later so you can’t produce your fishing ship as early.

1 Like

you can make it only once your TC is up, but still earlier than your opponents who need to collect the wood first

1 Like

What would happen to the Huns? Would they get negative wood or something if they build stuff before building their TC?

2 Likes

Ways to beat Spanish on Nomad:

i) Be first to fuedal, win water early and commit to fuedal archers
ii) FC and then double monastery monk defence
iii) Stone walls if possible to do so, can then make any units from behind wall to defend (xbow, skirm, monk)
iv) Malians and Persians have option to win water and then make Camels - good vs Conqs with some micro
v) Any number of unique units, eg, Genoese, Camel Arch, Mangudai

There are quite a few pros, eg Tatoh, who actually prefer Malians on 1vs1 Nomad to Spanish, because they are more flexible and can do much more than just Conqs (and have plenty of ways to counter them).

1 Like

Except that it has been proven to be a separate age prior to the standard age, and just like empire wars, is a separate game mode than standard start dark age.

Show me the setting where it says its a different game mode.

Aoe1 Nomad doesnt compare to oe2 Nomad

Aoe2 nomad could never work as a gamemode with the way maps work rn

2 Likes

If we had different maps that selected which age on a map basis to start in, each one would be considered a different mode under of which would be labled under whichever age its start is set to and that would require a separate elo per age start in ranked play.

Except nomad isnt a different starting age in age 1. All it changes is not having a tc at tge start. And only 1 villager. Youre mot changing starting age. So yeah. Either way im done snd you’ve been proven wrong time afrer time on your nomad is a seperate mode. I cant think of a single claim you made that was proven correct

1 Like

Except that it’s listed under the different ages menu in age 1. And furthermore in age 2 it’s cemented even further into that concept but added in as an afterthought and improved on within a map to map basis.

It even shares the same name of the age. ‘Nomad’

probably the easiest place to put it. its not like its a map in age 1. you can do a nomad start on ANY map.
the only thing that changes is does the map start with a tc and 3 villagers or does it start with 1 villager?

it doesn’t change victory conditions or starting age.

it wasn’t added as an after thought - they didn’t add it initially for balance reasons.

no, they did that because its not a game mode, its not a map, so whats the easiest way to identify the “nomad start” and thats in ages. you start with fixed resources, in a fixed spot. you just have 1 villager and no TC.
nothing else changes.

you were literally proven wrong on pretty much every claim you made about why nomad is a different game mode. so you’re entitled to express your opinion, but your opinion is not backed up by any facts and has been proven wrong. so stop making statements of opinion like they are a statement of a fact.

3 Likes

we’ve been over this. you got banned for spamming your unsubstantiated claims. Nomad is not a game mode, the same way maps with multiple TC starts, or walls aren’t game modes

you made (at least?) three threads about this, and virtually everyone disagrees with you. just stop

1 Like

No, I got banned for stating my opinion and having a very lengthy conversation about it that kept getting cut short because people seem to be short tempered enough to nuke it from orbit if they feel it’s over when it’s not.