New balance changes revealed

I am writing everything I remember here:

General:

1. Cannon Galleon researched automatically after researching Chemistry (huge nerf to Cumans, Huns and meso civs)
  2. Steppe Lancers cost -5G (I wished another -5G)

Sicilians:

1. Receive Siege Onagers
  2. Feudal Age Serjeant +1 melee armor.
  3. Castle Age Serjeant +5 HP.
  4. Elite Serjeant +10 HP.
  5. First Crusade has a secondary effect - Teuton team bonus or Half Faith.

Burgandians:

1. Burgandian Vineyards - still converts food at 2:1 ratio but only half of the food is converted. That is earlier 1000F changes to 500G, now it will change to 500F 250G.
  2. Gold generation of Farmers buffed by 33%.
  3. Food generation of relics buffed by 50%.
  4. Flemish Militia bonus damage (all) reduced by 33%.

Malay:

1. Fish traps do not provide unlimited food. They provide 2100F. (Normal 700F)
  2. Battle Elephants in Imperial Age now even cheaper. Cost -40% of original.
  3. Karambit Warrior (both) +1 attack. They cost 25F 15G.

Franks:

1. Bearded Axe - available in Castle Age. Costs 300F 300G.
  2. Chivalry - available in Imperial Age. Costs 600W 500G.

Incas: Villager Blacksmith bonus does not apply before Castle Age.

Cumans: team bonus gives +33% HP instead of +50%.

5 Likes

please, if someone downloads the beta, check other civs that may need help.

Steppe lancers should be more viable

they are buffing steppe lancers too.

What does it take to make a civ “good” to your eyes? Because this version of Incas would still be better than civs like Koreans.

1 Like

this i think is a huge effect that shouldn’t be overlooked. Sicilian cavalry is already very strong with the anti damage bonus. with this they also are less likely to be converted. very dangerous.

1 Like

But why would you ever pick them over Mayans or Aztecs?
They just get their identity taken away from them. Nerfing the tower rush is okay, completely removing the most essential bonus from the civ not. They already are the worst meso civ, and after that nerf they are even worse.
Thats like removing the range bonus from britain archers.

Other ideas for this would be to change it to: Villagers are affected by blacksmith infantry armor upgrades (no attack anymore),
or Villagers get +1 melee armor for every infantry armor upgrade researched, and are affected by melee attack upgrades (just lose pierce armor) and in turn give them an actual useful teambonus.

I doubt it. First crusade is rarely researched before imperial age, or at least late castle age, at which point monks are not very frequently seen anymore. Its a buff, for sure, but I dont think it has significant value in most cases.

1 Like

I think the bigger value of the buff will be to protect onagers (and siege onagers) against redemption blockprinting monks.

5 Likes

Why would I choose Incas over the two others?

1-Impossible to blunder your start
2-Less likely to get housed and you can still house wall unlike Huns
3-Better tech tree
4-two unique units
5-better late game

Can do something that other civs can’t do better, and for Incas that something was feudal age aggression. With the villager assistance, the Incas were really good at that.

About Koreans, yes, I agree, Koreans is a pretty bad civ in my opinion. Its bonuses don’t really make for any clear gameplan. And anything the incas can do after this change, is anything that Mayans or Aztecs can do better. If you want to go for Archers, Mayans are just way better, with their eco bonus, discount and strong UU.

If you want to go for Eagles, yeah El Dorado is just insane. One can argue that Kamayuks are insanely good at countering Paladins in imperial, but that is mostly irrelevant in 1v1, where the Paladin is rarely seen. For just going up against knight civs, Aztecs are better, with their insane monks. If you look at trash wars, Aztec trash is pretty good, even if they miss out on Halb, they get a stronger skirm, and +4 on top of the blacksmith upgrades on their pikes.

I think the bigger point is even if you are not using Serjeants, you are getting Faith (750F 1000G) at 300F 600G in Castle Age, which can be OP when allied with Teutons themselves.

1 Like
  1. really? How difficult is it to put a sheep under your tc with them always spawning in line of sight? its a free sheep, nothing more.

2. it is a small eco bonus, saving you abut 50 wood and a bit of worker time in dark age, but I think it makes it more likely for you to get housed, because in order to make use of it you change when you build houses.

3. Both of which are pretty meh. The Kamayuk requires micro to have an edge over the cheaper champions or halberdiers and the slinger only really is useful against other meso civs. The Kamayuk is an all rounder, not really good against anything but also bad against nothing, that needs to be massed to be useful. The slinger is too specialized to be useful.

4. How? Mayans get better skirms super cheap archers, have 15% more gold available and have the best eagles. Aztecs have better skirms, pikes that win against halbs and more gold available due to relic bonus.

1 Like

RIP Incan tower rush :frowning:

One of the few (maybe even the only one) civ that can preform a good tower rush.

4 Likes

Honestly I think they will be OP and Burgundians will be the new “Franks”.

And bigger nerf to Turks and Italians.

Honestly it felt like very unnecessary. And now you mentioned this.

That’s true. But I think civ like Aztecs will still suffer countering their cav. Aztecs is way stronger than Sicilians though. So hopefully it will be fine.

nah because Burgundians are on a timer for everything.

there seige/infantry pushes will be worse too.

What? Why? How extra resistant to conversion make seige/infantry push worse?

because its less likely they can convert sicilian siege. i meant worse as in its worse to deal with.

Oh I see. But I think it won’t be that big of deal as you need to research the tech to get the effect unlike Teutons. But as I said before completely unnecessary. Just to give a bit more historic flavor.

I think this bonus can be really nice with a bit of adjustment of builds.
If you lure your first boar early, you could rush double bit axe as soon as your lumbercamp is up. With 20% more wood, 1 lumbercamp (with 5-7 vills) could be enough to get the wood you need for barracks+stable in early feudal without a second lumbercamp. After arriving in feudal, you can then even go for instant bow saw and a very solid feudal eco.
Definitly needs some testing, but i like the possibilties.

1 Like

Steppe lancer should definitely receive a buff. Malay also receives a good buff.

Franks seems to be hit hard badly after berry bonus reduction. I doubt if burgundians new bonus can help enough in early game.

I understand why Dev consecutively hit walling and tower rush. But at least, this should be compensated with Koreans old bonus (tower +1 range) replacing military units -20% wood(which is fairly useless). I prefer at least one civ can play tower rush well.