New "Campaign Focused" Expansion Contains 0 Campaigns

Well the devs/microsoft/somebody just outright lied to us.

We as a community have been supporting this game for over two decades.

And we’re thanked by just lying to our faces? We’re nothing but wallets to them apparently.

We had to wait for a super duper special event cause there was just sooooo much news that they couldn’t just put it in a regular ol blog post, and the big news, news so big it couldn’t properly be expressed in a simple post, was that they WOULDN’T be delivering what they said they’d be delivering.

Disgusting, Deceptive, Shameless.

----EDIT----

And to be clear, I’m not opposed to the idea of polishing custom scenarios and releasing them as official scenarios. I assume they’ll be fun, even if it does have air of cheapness about it.

My objection was that we were lied to.

28 Likes

This isn’t a “Campaign” focused pack. This is a bland, “long-lasting” ludacris “battle” scenario pack. I evaded these comunity made scenarios always since they take away from the classic and thrilling, personal story campaigns the game firstly introduced. I would have been fine if those scenarios were classic historical battles, but these Filthydelphia style of battles doesn’t go well with the initial game design… I’m disappointed…

2 Likes

yeah, officially releasing some user-made custom scenarios with a bit of polish is what better games do as free conent upgrades. charging for that is a shameless rip-off

the 5 new scenarios might be worth 1 or 2 EUR, but anything above that is bordering on fraud

6 Likes

I’m betting it will be 10 or 15 dollars. Can’t wait to see the price. I don’t think we should pay for workshop scenarios.

I expected 3-4 full campaigns with 5-6 missions each for civs like Chinese, Turks, Japanese etc. Haven’t been this disappointed with a game for a long time.

19 Likes

Worse yet, all scenarios are recycled from the mods section. Who came up with this?

13 Likes

Read this on Memb’s voice.

How many v̶i̶l̶l̶a̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ Campaigns T̶h̶e̶V̶i̶p̶e̶r̶ Victors and Vanquished have? ZERO! ZERO!!

3 Likes

Even as someone who loves Filthydelphia’s scenarios I’m SO dissapointed, I already played most of these before…

10 Likes

download

5 Likes

200w

1 Like

What a scam. Can’t believe we got our hopes up for this…

They ruined ROR and now this. Who’s making the calls?

4 Likes

Watch them make the DLC expensive because “voice acting costs a lot”, even when there’s barely any new content

1 Like

I can kinda get ROR. Seems like AOE1 DE had died out. It was a way to keep the game alive. Not a fan that it didn’t come with all the original campaigns. Really felt like cutting corners.

Nobody asked for ROR but I can kinda get the idea behind it.

8 Likes

What they should’ve done was either of those:

1. Free upgrade for AOE1DE players to move to new engine as free update if they own the game ofc.If you don’t own AOE2DE then you get only access to AOE1DE content within AOE2DE.
  2. Just do what Rome At War mod did. Optionally even extending them as a part of AOE2 timeline. Extending game from Antiquity to Middle Ages isn’t that much of bad idea. We got Romans now yet we still complaining. Odd choice but still would sell like cakes.
2 Likes

obviously, they deceived us. they should not say that this is ‘campaign-focused DLC.’

sorry to say but the outcome is too DISAPPOINTED.

6 Likes

The “Campaign focus” was really a big disappointment now.

1 Like

Yeah, man, no need for that. Just judging by regular posters, I believe AOE2 has a mature playerbase. We prefer the truth.

By the way, anyone has a guess about that Charlemagne scenario? Is that old Verden one from the AOC expansion or a new one?

1 Like

Yep. If you look on the FB post, they NOW describe the DLC as “single-player focused”. So apparently it IS within their capability to accurately describe the nature of the content, and they just previously (presumably willfully) chose not to.

6 Likes

They promised us campaigns, but delivered recycled, free community-made scenarios. But hey, they have voice acting! So pay 10 bucks!

2 Likes

The year shows a bad start for the playerbase, that comes with lies announcements.

The players will receive additional single player scenarios instead of entire campaign packages, because the developers were too lazy, to create such content. They recycled existing mod scenarios, what is just very weak.

All predictions and rumors in the forum beforehand turned out to be completely wrong. No new unique units and campaigns for desired civs like Chinese and Koreans. The release of this DLC with the almost simultaneous start of the new Chinese year was obviously pure coincidence… and much of the players ran after this false assumption.

The Japanese will get 2 scenarios, but that is not a campaign, that is not satisfying.

2 Likes

I’d rather donate to Philthy directly instead of paying for this crap.

15 Likes