New Civ Icon Idea

I would delete some of these flags since they are kind of boring looking or too modern.

Focus on the symbols

3 Likes

CivIcon-Moldavians---副本---副本CivIcon-SomaliansCivIcon-Somalian2222222222223245235235
CivIcon-Siamese2---副本---副本safafaf
After several tests, I prefer like the snake one

10 Likes

Looks amazing! i really love the third one

I like the first one more.

Yeah the first one is really good too

The Crusaders (Kingdom of Jerusalem)

CivIcon-Moldavians---副本

2 Likes

I present to you 2 of the most difficult shields to find regarding South American pre-Columbian civilizations

Chanka Kingdom (or Kingdom of Parkos):

I read in several books that the Chankas worshiped the Puma (Cougar) and that they represented these animals on their shields, however, the most I could find was this:
escudo chanka

I know that it will be difficult to develop a shield from this image :slightly_frowning_face:, however, I also found the Hispanic symbol of the Puma directly related to the Chankas.

Puma Chanka

Tiwanaku Empire:

I know the picture doesn’t help :sweat_smile:

It is difficult to elaborate shields with these concepts, I am aware of that, but I thought it was necessary to make them known :smile:

Europe was getting a little bit crowded so here’s a zoomed map of the continent :

For the more troublesome civs who just couldn’t stay in one place :

• placed the Goths at Narbonne, twice the capital and last capital of the Wisigothic Kingdom
  • placed the Huns at Attila’s camp in Pannonia
2 Likes

Successors of the Great Mistake :

Empire of Nicaea

Empire of Trebizond

Despotate of Epirus

Latin Empire

Some might not have been the first choice but they’d have looked too close from each other, as they all claimed the same title

I tried my best
TiwanakusCivIcon-Iroquois22CivIcon-Waris---副本

6 Likes

471c914a7660e4baaca39f0a35f155c0e501ba29a44fa25e032aa97ae1f784950a53f79b9e35e19995f77b3fdc4b9fed5555de75e70d84d9eb1da73311133

6 Likes

Since they’re already in the campaigns as player names, I decided to look up symbola of the Chalukyas and Uzbeks:

Chalukyas
10402561_512288125641268_518218515735442975_n_1
images (7)
images (6)

Uzbeks

images (8)

For Uzbekistan it was hard finding anything that can be considered a symbol.
Do you think you’d be able to use any of those for civ icons?

Edit: I can also try redrawing those patterns and reliefs, if you think that would help

1231314CivIcon-Gokturks---副本
I tried to incorporate some of my own thinking

2 Likes

Really nice

Have you tried Danes? This emblem resembles the English and Bulgarian ones with three lions though:

I also found this image:

Or you could use the modern Denmark flag:
images (1)

Using the standard heater shield for the coat of arms, it will remain different enough from the Bulgarians

golden color is unique enough

1 Like

I would have put the Byzantines in Greece

really cool

I put them at Constantinople.

Updating the map for the successor states, that means I had to place the Latin Empire at Gallipoli. Did the same for most civs that had one clear capital (Franks in Paris, Teutons near Aachen and Mainz, Slavs at Kyiv…)

3 Likes

Are you gonna do more full world maps as well?