New Civ Icon Idea

Seicing already made a map of the world, top of the thread. It just felt necessary to zoom in on Europe.

Mine is actually quite cheap, used Paint so there are some transparency artefacts.

No idea for now,icon is too much

Should add the Livonian order and Wales, anything else missing?

The Occitans/Cathars (southern France)

Considered heretics and got crushed in a crusade. Not knowing how to differenciate heretics from good christians when a fortified town surrendered, one of the crusader leaders said “kill them all, God will recognise his own”. I suppose it works.

800px-Baltic_coat_of_arms.svgFlag_of_Wales.svgb553e5c487ec518a168eaf89171a8794685f6139
Livonians
Wales
Occitans

4 Likes

images (10)
Marajoara

Zapotec

The Zapotect one could be a repeating pattern.

1 Like

It could be circling the round shield, with a central symbol at the center

I also found this for the Zapotecs. It could work as the center symbol you suggested.
png-clipart-maya-civilization-hunab-ku-galactic-butterfly-symbol-maya-peoples-symbol-miscellaneous-angle-thumbnail

I also tried finding something for the Tlaxcalas, but I could only find the state flag (which looks too modern and European-inspired for AoE2)

2 Likes

Indeed it’s definitely a post-colonial flag.

Well… there is the Tlaxcala flag from EU4

Not even sure what it’s supposed to be

1 Like

Found this for Tlaxcalas:
aztecarmyillustration15small_zps9b370ec1

1 Like

Alright, I found some coloured designs like the one on the left. Sadly they are very low res and awful compression artifacts

1 Like

220px-Zakon_Kawalerów_Mieczowych_COA.svg

Isn’t this the Livonian logo?

Rapa Nui
Rongorongo-sample-en

I’d go with the frigatebird specifically

These are awesome! Well done!

Do you mind making an Azerbaijani logo representing Safavids and today’s Azerbaijan? :slight_smile: A Shia Empire would be nice to have!

1 Like

TlaxcalasTlaxcalas
LivoniansLivonians
ZapotecsZapotecs
AzerbaijanisAzerbaijanis
SafavidsSafavids

11 Likes

The result seems exceptional to me, I am very grateful that you have “reconstructed” the Tiwanaku shield.

The Chanka shield (Hualkan type) that you developed is great and very accurate historically, the Hispanic shield of the Puma Chanka is also excellent, it shows the “union of two worlds”

(The lord of the Image was a Wanka nobleman, a vassal of the House of Austria (Habsburg), but I hope to make my point known :sweat_smile:)

2 Likes

Could someone make these emblems into flags that could be added as in-game eye candy/editor placeables?

1 Like

Easiest way would be to use an online flag creator and make smx out of them.

Anyone knows how to do this?