New Civ Icon Idea

Yeah yeah Im not expecting you to do it, thats why I mentioned the devs. With the resources they have they can take their time on this.

For normal people its more work than what its worth

Just out of curiosity, how add this wavy texture to the shields and how do you make the lighting effect? Do you use photoshop?

1 Like

3333333333332edws
Yes, I mede a template so they could be made quickly, lighting effect is use Linear Dodge with picture3
I also made two other templates
shsh2
sh22sh222

18 Likes

Your emblems are amazing. Could you do these here?

Somali (Adal Sultanate)

Kanembu (Kanem-Bornu)

Kongo

Nubians (Makuria)

The_flag_of_the_'Kingdom_of_Dongola'(Makuria)in_the"Book_of_all_kingdoms"(C._1350).svg

Shona (Mutapa)

Edit: fixed Makuria flag

5 Likes

For Kongo I think its better to use historical Kongolese shield and for Zimbabwe you should use the Zimbabwe bird imo

i try to make it later

Thanks.

@TungstenBoar These ones?

Kongo

Shona
zw)zbird

Also Kanem

2 Likes

The Kongolese flag works but by using a historical shield I mean using one of the shields really used by the Komgolese peoplr ib battle since those look good.

Yeah I was talking about that whem talking about Zimbabwe’s bird, and both Kanem symbols I think work fine

1 Like

Very pretty icons :heart_eyes:

I hope for seeing icons like these in new DLC 's for AoE 2!!!

Great looking icons!

@Seicing Can you do one for Albanians please?

edit: thank you so much! :smile:

CivIcon-Kanembu
CivIcon-Somalians
CivIcon-Kongo
CivIcon-Zimbabwean
African civ seem not suitable for the current shield…

CivIcon-Zimbabwean

11 Likes

Just want to say, these are beautiful!

31 Likes

Can we expect such civs icons in future DLCs?

Like these :wink:

7 Likes

As FE’s civ icon designer I find this thread very entertaining. Nice work @Seicing ! Thread bookmarked! :ballot_box_with_check:

42 Likes

The Goguryeos (triple yin-yang? or how is that pattern called?) is my favourite. Those look really cool!

2 Likes

it’s 三太極(Sam taeguk)

3 Likes

Dude these look great! Pro level design!

3 Likes

Thank you for your contribution to the icon with rich historical meaning

3 Likes

Dude, speechless. Really good. Please, without wanting to exploit you XD can you try to put a white background on the Kongo one (the red x) and make the Nubian/Makuria one (I fixed the image there)?

CivIcon-KongoCivIcon-MutapaCivIcon-Nubians2CivIcon-Nubians
I may be a little misunderstood

8 Likes