New Civ Icon Idea

Filipinos is not an appropriate name, for it obviously refers to King Philip II of Spain. A 100% colonial name.

Better use Visayans or Tagalogs?

1 Like

Fantastic works!
Could you make one for the Guaraníes too?

The diamonds shapes are stars and the zigzag stripes are rivers

1 Like

the Tagalogs is good

1 Like

CivIcon-Guaraníes

4 Likes

100% nonsense at all

Pretty sure this is a Buddha head.Shiva doesn’t have long ears.

Thank you very much! :grin:

2 Likes

200px-Wappen_-_Provinz_Nassau.svg
I know I have asked for a lot, but could you do this Dutch one?

This should be an Age III civ.

Frisians is better.

2 Likes

I dont think they should e added tbh, just wanted to ask for this shield design

But actually Frisians is ok to be both added and shield-designed.

I don’t remember having ever seen that crest before in my life, and it appears to be the crest of the province of Nassau in Prussia (Germany). That would give it a connection to the Dutch stadtholders (16th century onwards), but I don’t know if or how often it was used as a symbol for the Netherland.

If you have more information on why you picked that I would love to hear it and learn.

Dutch is an aoe3 civ. Since day one. :wink:

Yeah it is the Dutch Republic shield. Tbh I know its not necessary but I think its a fancy looking shield

Can you tell me where you got it from? I’m Dutch and interested in the period, so I would love to read your source.

Wikipedia as an example lists a completely different design for the Dutch Republic and links this one to the aforementioned Prussian province.

It is the 13tj century version I think, but pretty sure they sticked with the same shield until the 1660s

Although I just like the shield tbh

O, huh, seems to be of some importance.

That’s a version with the seven arrows for the republic though. So your version would then be older.

It also does seem to be tied to the house of Nassau/Orange, so it probably wasn’t really used for the Netherlands before 1568.

I learn something every day, and today I learned something about our pretty chill stadtholders and our useless kings.

1 Like

Afshar Dynasty

I really just think people are kind of just trying to find every shield design under the sun and have it converted, I don’t think most of them actually want the civs added.

Tbh a ton of them are both awesome looking and pretty useful