New Civ ideas

by the way does anyone know of a free to use fishing bonus, im trying to reference stilt fishing for the Sinhalese and it’s probably to much to redo the animation to increase their rage

could you give your opinion too my poll?

1 Like

you should use a different skin for the Sinhalese Nilame, since they were nobles and had grand uniforms, not shirtless as @Mahazona mentioned

there is a graphics like this but its wearing a scarf which also irrelevant to Sinhala

1 Like

Pick what you feels best there are no 100% matching graphics.

1 Like

how about “Islamic Mercenaries” giving them camel riders (i know they had Islamic mercenaries, camel riders might be a stretch though)?
or should camel riders be readily available?
however, Islamic mercenaries were only in the 16th century, at the tip of the game

African mercs would be a less issue making term.delhi sultanate mughals both had african troops.

1 Like

sorry, i was talking about siamese

1 Like

does anyone know what Siamese called their cavalry?
also, would they use the south east asian or east asian architecture?

Definitely South East Asian. The Ayutthaya Kingdom is just next to Cambodia (Khmer).

In Civ 5, they get Naresuan’s Elephant.

1 Like

i gave them imperial elephants as an upgrade, but they actually in proportion they used about (i could be wrong though) 1000 infantry, 100, cavalry, and 10 elephants, (that didn’t stop the elephants from playing a key role though!)

i’m pretty sure that’s the name of a king
i think the same king is the one that appears in this photo, this is what i’m basing their uu after

i know i can just use a hussar but i have an idea for a sniping mounted-huskarl/mounted-shotelai type unit, i was going to call them “Chakkraphat” (emperor) but that could be a UT (either that or something related to Erawan (would affect elephants) or Garuda (would affect infantry and possibly LOS) if anyone of these sounds better i’ll just change the names), currently i’m just copying the Sunda royal fighters by calling them royal fighters as a place holder, do you know a better name? by the way my placeholder icon is the aoe3 Chinese steppe rider, if you know a better unit for the placeholder icon please do tell image

1 Like

To be honest, I can’t really help you considering that Thai warfare isn’t exactly my expertise.

1 Like

solved my name crisis

1 Like

I vote for Carib and Kurds

Says the guy who doesn’t want new civs. Be consequential at least.

2 Likes

i finished my siamese civ concept, and i’ll be honest, i would be in a creative slump if not for you!
thanks for posting amazing ideas

1 Like

I think the Dutch would be a great addition to the game. They can fit into the Medieval Era, they have castles even dating back to the Roman Empire. Emperor Charlemagne kept a “palatium” in Nijmegen.

You could give them Fluyts, just as the Portuguese have Caravels. Or Ruyters, just as the Spanish have Conquistadors. One of their unique bonuses could be an Imperial Age cavalry unit, which only costs gold (the Italians could have gotten it, but they already have Condottiero).

The Tulip technology could be played more softly, not as a Stock Trade Boom, but more as a cool discovery that gives something (probably Gold Income).

PS. Some civilization could get something like the “Dismounted Feudal Knights” in Medieval 2: Total War. They could be very expensive units, with high melee and pierce armor. (Not to the point of Teutonic Knights or Huskarls, but enough to feel really strong). Their speed should be a bit lower than normal infantry.

PS2. Another civ could get “Polearms Infantry”, with armor-piercing attacks.

1 Like

i think so too, but Europe is very populated, and the next expansions (if any) should cover those umbrella civs

1 Like

i would suggest Scythians https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scythians.

they where a very well known warrior civilization on ancient times.

Only in ancient times existed but in the Medieval era they disappeared.

1 Like