New civilization brainstorming: Brasil

It’s good, but I prefer Ragamuffin War to be a revolution rather than a state card…

I guess that would be a good idea. However I initially decided against that decision because I know how much people “love” other civs’ “mini-factories” cough Japanese Shrines cough Chinese Porcelain Tower cough (the latter not as much).

I would also like it to have as a revolution, believe me, but I really don’t think it’s a good idea the further I think about it, becuse it would feel a bit too close to the Mexicans civ and I want to keep all of the original uniqueness of all factions without taking anything from others.

Of course it is understood…

Yes, it can be… They are also the most representative American countries of their respective languages: USA (English), Mexico (Spanish) and Brazil (Obviously Portuguese)…

Yes, but it could be a first or second age card that would give you miners for an early rush…

The Miner is a unique unit available in the Age of Empires III campaign. Miners are capable of throwing dynamite and hacking with their pick axes, and have a great siege attack. Their dynamite is extremely good against groups of infantry and buildings.

They can only collect coin (Mines, Estates) or gather resources from crates of food, chests of coin, and cords of wood. Miners cannot be trained from buildings, but are available in the Scenario Editor.

I’m making some new alterations: instead of the Matadeira Falconet being an Imperial Guard and instead of having access to the Guarda de Honra at the Stables, Brazilians would have access to the Ordenança a Cavalo (fast moving “Dragoon”-like unit that has a spear charge ability; Imperial Guard: Estancieiro). The Guarda de Honra would be accessed through Homecity Cards. The Voluntário Académico has the ability to unhorse itself.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this for a while: Estancieiros should just be the regular Heavy Cav unit for Brazil and Gentil-Homem (or Fidalgo Cavaleiro) should be it’s Royal Guard. I know I want to represent the Voluntários Académicos someway in the civ, but I’m not sure if through a Card, a Royal Guard upgrade or a unit. I also thought about changing other things, like how Voluntários da Pátria are recruited (maybe they can be slowly recruited automatically from the Barracks for free, one by one, and you can chose to recruit batches of 5 if you pay some resources? Idk, I just want them to be different enough from Streltsy to keep the uniqueness of the Russians).

Buildings should cost less wood, take longer to build and way more durable and higher armor/resistance against siege attacks.

That sounds like Age of Mythology, where the norse civilization have dwarfs who cost gold and gather gold faster. But they are simple villagers. While these Miners also sound like grenadiers.
Also in AoE3 there already are the dutch with villagers that cost gold. Maybe you can make a reference to that?

PERNANBUCO COM OPÇÃO DE REVOLUÇÃO NA ERA 4 OU 3 E DEPOIS UMA OPCÇÃO DE VOLTAR PARA O IMPERIO BRASILEIRO ASSIM COMO AS REVOLUÇÕES MEXICANAS, PERNANBUCO JA FOI UM PAIS Você Sabia Que Pernambuco Já Foi Um País? - Zona Curiosa CARTAS COM TEMA PARA MELHORIAS DE CANA DE AÇUCAR E BANCOS HOLANDESES

Then we should also have Palmares as a Hausa revolution in age 3 or age 4

1 Like

Wasn’t he from a Bantu nation? Hausas aren’t Bantu, are they?

1 Like

Yeah,but the Norse dwarfs also can be converted in ulfsarks…the Miners would be a grenadier that can be collect coin…

Sim, o Brasil teve muitas revoluções interessantes na era imperial…

1 Like