New civilization confirmed

I take it almost for granted that the new civ is going to be Morocco, although I had some hope to see a nation from the lower part of Africa, like the Ndongo or Zulu people, especially since the devs very intentionally bundled all the current African maps in areas North of the equator (this also applies to the new native allies, btw). I had hoped this meant they planned to gift us a Southern African culture at a later date along with an encore of new maps and new native allies for the pool.

1 Like

Brazil is first colony in americas, and start the imperialism era in europeans nations
and, iā€™m brazilian, i want service haha

4 Likes

The Jivaro sound like a bit of a stretch for a full civ but they do sound like a really cool possible minor civ. Some more blowgunner units with upgrades having to do with headhunting and ayahuasca would be interesting. They would also be a good replacement for Inca tribes on Andes maps

1 Like

You should try playing some games online. Itā€™s actually a lot of fun, and you might enjoy yourself.

The Jivaro are a complete civilization, and they are also an Amazonian civilization. Based on what I have investigated they could easily be a mayor civilization, and with respect to the Incas, I think they could be replaced by the Quechuas as a minor civilization :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I was playing multiplayer team game in this game but its balance is just completely mess.
So I am waiting AOE4 now.

It is obviously meaningless to talk about balance after African DLC released.

1 Like

Most people only play SP and thatā€™s what matters

5 Likes

It is almost a tradition in the AoE franchise that new civs hit the ground very broken on the OP side, and then they are scaled back to a more balanced level. It has happened in AoE2, in AoM, and in AoE3 so far.

In AoE3, when Iros first came out they were crazy OP, but they are fairly standard nowadays. Sweden and Inca are on that process right now, and it will eventually happen with the African civs as well.

Japan is probably the only one that was never completely brought down to earth, reallyā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to see Barbary Coast . It has a few UUā€™s , an historical battle scenario and a theme song already .Itā€™s just begging to be made into a fully fleshed out civ :pleading_face:

1 Like

Italia or Morocco
Which would be?, which is almost done from the old data?
Would it be released as the US with daily challenges?
Are they not going to toss aside the beloved III when the IV arrive?
Is this love or a possible next DLC :notes:

4 Likes

Iā€™m not familiar with them but I find it hard to believe they were anywhere near the prominence of the Inca. The Wikipedia page on just the Incan army is far more detailed than all the information on the Jivaro.

The Quechuas were part of the Incas so it wouldnā€™t make much sense to replace the minor Inca tribe with that. I think adding in the Jivaro as a minor tribe on Upper Andes and Amazonia maps and the Muisca on Upper Andes and Orinoco maps would be the best replacements.

1 Like

To make the AI player behave like in a normal skirmish, you have to place the special ā€œAI Startā€ object near their starting Town Center. Otherwise they will be mostly passive as you describe.

It will be Marocco i am pretty sure about that.

what about the european civilization that did do so?

yeah but that is why we have portugal.

Might be a hint, take from reddit

4 Likes

its not a hint, that unit is already in game and we also have cards in the African factions referencing British and Danes.

4 Likes

But there was no reason to put that card with that background and that name at all .

2 Likes

so do you think well also get poles and Hungarians since the US civ have cards that have similar design? Italians make a LOT more sense as a DLC faction and not as a free update civ.

*Looks at the British and USAā€¦
And Portugal ainā€™t even well done.